Special Operations ambulances?

somedic

Actually, as usual, EMS got shafted in the funding for Haz-mat gear as usual. While firefighters get to watch interactive videos on brand new plasma screen TV's, EMS still is using bootlegged DVD's on personnel bought projectors.

Anyway, when members of the Taliban start getting caught with schematics of the Astrodome in their back pockets, then Texas can get all the blood money it wants. Until then, you're just going to have to rely on the Minutemen to have your back. How are those good ol' boys doing, anyhow?

We have a HAZ MED team at ada county paramedics, AHLS, COBRA, etc. They have a special ambulance with the extra stuff at a central station they man when there is an incident. Otherwise it sits except for training.It is set up for command and support rather than transport, has the lap top and internet access, etc. Most of their stuff is Meth lab breakdowns but they get some "real" calls everyonce and a while too.

Until then, you're just going to have to rely on the Minutemen to have your back. How are those good ol' boys doing, anyhow?

I'm still speaking English and paying no state taxes, so I'd have to say they are holding the line pretty well! :D

Negative. No employer I've had will allow the 2 weeks off to take it. Plus, I've heard you are bogged down with extraneous chemistry information. The toxicology in the AHLS course seems to be more than enough for many of my students.

Not saying its not worth taking. If I had the opportunity I would.

Devin

I'm still speaking English and paying no state taxes, so I'd have to say they are holding the line pretty well! :D

Yeah, but all of your politician's and businessmen's lawns are still looking pretty sharp and their kids all still seem to have private 'nannies', so maybe they need to pick up the pace a notch. :lol:

My EMS squad carries the atropine/2-pam antidote kits, escape hoods and a few other things in the trucks. But in the county Fire and EMS is 99% seprate so the FD's have Hazmat trailers. Most of the HZ trailers are placed within the that stations that have hospitals in there local. The county also has four MCI trailers and I believe one or two specialized rescue trailers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.