why are you still in ems or not

thecroc

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EMS and nursing is all i know...its in my blood heart and soul.

I cant imagine doing anything else.

and men dig my sexy uniform..either scrubs or bdu's

Terri

1073-1.gif

After 15 yars at a variety of companies, I finally burned out completely. The last company I worked for was so badly mismanaged that it became extinct a short time after I left.

About the same time, I had a family member at home with a long term health problem which lasted about 2 years and required constant care.

I decided I needed to either move up or out of the medical field, and chose out. Nursing was'nt what I wanted to do, and when you are feeling burned out, the answer is not to do more of it by going to Paramedic school.

Aviation was my first love, so I decided to pursue it. I dedicated two years to study and got my A&P license.

I still have some interest in the EMS field, but I doubt I will ever get my EMT license again, or do anything medically related.

I have no regrets, and enjoy what I do now greatly- there is always a challenge.

I had worked in EMS for all of my working life, so doing something else was a real eye opener- finding out there is life outside of EMS- :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.