working at a haunted house

echo-000

I've just signed up to work first aid (I've been an EMT for almost a year now) at a haunted house/corn maze starting Friday night. I haven't been to one of these since high school, so I'm not sure what to expect. This particular attraction, I was told, is geared toward college and high school students, takes about 2 hours to get through, is mostly dark, and uses fog machines, chain saws, and strobe lights. I've yet to find out how many patrons it serves each night. The local EMS service near the event is volunteer; I still have to see where the closest ED is.

Has anyone worked one of these? Any advice as to what I should expect? I'm thinking asthma attacks and sprained ankles.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a haunted hayride in my district, and we had a pretty significant/severe/(insert adjective of your choice) CVA tonight. I can't say if it was the strobes, fright, or what that my have triggered it, but it just goes to show that you may need to be prepared for anything, from the smallest abrasions to life threats.

Just my $.02

-skibum

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.