Redefine "BLS before ALS"

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and for saying the only bls team we have in aus, well judging by your photos i would say you were part of the biggest bls team we have.....the jonnies

MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Thats funny.........

I think maybe it alludes to the fact that BLS actually is critical. I.E. If an ambulance rolls up to a cardiac arrest, down time of 8 or so minutes and no BLS has been started, the patient is gone. It wont matter what drugs you have.

Good point. Very good point.

That phrase means to me that my partner should have O2 on a pt he is treating with Nitro and has on the monitor and has an IV initiated on. It's just a reminder not to forget the basics. O2 is still the standard of care even if it doesn't actually do anything.

MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Thats funny.........

Now timmy that isnot entirely true

in victoria you have paramedics and intensive care mica guys

but thats in victoria

Maybe NSW should follow our lead! :D Jokes... But seroiusly after last weekend I need my faith back in ANSW!

St John an ambulance service.... All I have to say is LOL!!

God I'd feel sorry for you if you called 000 and St John turned up!

LOL! Biggest BSL team more like biggest wanker brigade!!

I was talking about the state ambulance service not event coverage.

I agree with Rid, I really don't view things in terms of BLS or ALS I view them in terms of what is appropriate for the patient. As mentioned above, this starts with the least invasive procedure working up to the most invasive procedure. BLS before ALS, EMT's save paramedics, two of my least favorite phrases.

Maybe NSW should follow our lead! :D Jokes... But seroiusly after last weekend I need my faith back in ANSW!

St John an ambulance service.... All I have to say is LOL!!

God I'd feel sorry for you if you called 000 and St John turned up!

LOL! Biggest BSL team more like biggest wanker brigade!!

I was talking about the state ambulance service not event coverage.

Timmy,

I think u need to look at the dfinition of a BLS/ALS providor is more closely. ALL states in NSW have both BLS & ALS providors. Yes there are a number of "Ambulance Services" in our country, however, primary emergency response is the responsibility of government. Can St Johns respond to a 000 call. The simple answer is no.

To the general public, BLS providors in any service in Australia are seen as providing some sort of advanced life support. This is because oropharangeal airways, & drugs are not taught in first aid courses!!!!!!!

I am not denegrating the volly services provided by St Johns & the like, but, before you start to make posts like you have, I think you need to develop a better understanding of what services in this country do & what defines ALS from BLS.

Yeah, and I have basic skills like tying my shoe laces and brushing my teeth. No one makes a T-shirt about doing that, although with some EMT's I have met, dental hygiene should be reinforced about as much as basic skills should.

Well I was mainly talking about the services in Victoria. I don’t really know about services outside of Vic. As far as I know both Rural Ambulance and Metro Ambulance only have ASL or MICA Paramedics. I've never come across a volley paramedic. There’s a CERT team near were I live but I don’t think they've ever been call out.

I agree when you say St John should NEVER be a 000 provider. We shouldn’t even be at most events my division covers!

I wasn’t bagging out ANSW but I live on the border of VIC & NSW. We called them to one of our duty’s. Out jumps this young guy and an older chap. Young guy didn’t look much older than 19 and the older bloke looked like his dad. This young bloke has a white billabong hat on, blue overalls, and white globe shoes :roll: He then makes the patient move from our stretcher to there’s with out any pain relief. Let my remind you this person had multiple fractures to there L tib/fib, Pain 10/10. I’m sure that most ANSW medics are more professional than that, but this was just my first taste and impression of ANSW. But I don’t think it necessary that they dress like this just because they live in a rural area, the older bloke was in perfect uniform.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.