difference

kyle308

well all i'm sorry about my grammar and spelling. ill try to worjk on that its just that im used to using internet lingo and, well I can't do that and sound like a normal person on here.

The way to remedy that is to not use Internet lingo. Then you will always sound like a normal person.

Welcome to The City, but minus 5 for a horrible topic name (as well as for not reading forum rules before posting). :wink:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After doing a search, this is about the only thing I was able to come up with.

Where at in Indiana are you? I know in the Indianapolis area that most services don't "recognize" the advance or intermediate certifications. What I mean by that is even with those certifications you would still be working/paid at the EMT-B level. Once you get away from the city and into some of the rural areas around the state, I am guessing that you would be able to utilize those additional skills, but can't say for sure. If you couldn't use them, why have the certification level though?

My advice would be if you are considering advancing your education and certification level, don't bother with EMT-I or A and just go to medic school. If possible, go to a program that offers a college degree. That way you end up with more than "just" a certification, and hopefully you also receive some additional information that you wouldn't get with a certification program. (At the moment I am sifting through various programs to figure out where I want to apply for next fall. Unfortunately, with changing jobs I had to put off medic school for an additional year instead of going this fall.)

yeah i searched within the site for it but counldnt find much. epi-do i live in knightstown indiana, so yes its a rural area and we have no EMT-i but we have a couple EMT-A.

lol i wish i could go to medic school now but i'm only a freshman in highschool so thats still about 4 years off.

well all i'm sorry about my grammar and spelling. ill try to worjk on that its just that im used to using internet lingo and, well I can't do that and sound like a normal person on here.

so i'll start readig over my posts.

Then you said:

lol i wish i could go to medic school now but i'm only a freshman in highschool so thats still about 4 years off

If you're only used to writing in "internet lingo" you're not going to make it through high school, much less make it into any kind of worthwhile paramedic program.

Don't just start reading over your posts. Write them well. Write them correctly. Use the spell check feature site admin has conveniently and thoughtfully provided for us to use. Dust is correct when he says if you write correctly to start you'll always sound like a normal person.

Besides, a major part of working in EMS is paperwork. The ability to write a comprehensible patient care report is vitally important. Something, it seems, you're incapable of doing right now. Please work on it. You and your teachers will be happy you did.

-be safe.

Then you said:

If you're only used to writing in "Internet lingo" you're not going to make it through high school, much less make it into any kind of worthwhile paramedic program.

Don't just start reading over your posts. Write them well. Write them correctly. Use the spell check feature site admin has conveniently and thoughtfully provided for us to use. Dust is correct when he says if you write correctly to start you'll always sound like a normal person.

Besides, a major part of working in EMS is paperwork. The ability to write a comprehensible patient care report is vitally important. Something, it seems, you're incapable of doing right now. Please work on it. You and your teachers will be happy you did.

-be safe.

see that's not It when i write on paper i write just fine, just something about typing that I seriously have to work on.

see that's not It when i write on paper i write just fine, just something about typing that I seriously have to work on.

Hehehe... Don’t worry bout them man... they always wana put down us lol... Just cause were not paramedics with fancy diplomas and degrees. I know it’s hard I make the same mistakes and instead of people helping you with your thread they decide to give you a lesson in English lol!! Just joking guys!!! ( Dont take this post seroiusly lol)

BTW soz man can’t help yah with your question I’m an Aussie so everything diff…

Take Care :o

Good GOD! cut the kid some slack! Hes in high school FFS and he wants to learn a bit about EMS! Show the kid some help and you never know, he might turn into a good EMT down the track, the fact hes asking about it now is a good sign, give the kid a hand an he might be able to learn a thing or two BEFORE he starts his classess

Good thing you dont pick me for my grammer, i cant type for crap, and my spelling aint that great - but ill answer your criticisms right now about it................

BUGGER OFF!

geez..........

Good GOD! cut the kid some slack! Hes in high school FFS and he wants to learn a bit about EMS! Show the kid some help and you never know, he might turn into a good EMT down the track, the fact hes asking about it now is a good sign, give the kid a hand an he might be able to learn a thing or two BEFORE he starts his classess

Good thing you dont pick me for my grammer, i cant type for crap, and my spelling aint that great - but ill answer your criticisms right now about it................

BUGGER OFF!

geez..........

Dear Bushy;

AGREED!

Is that internet Oz lingo? :twisted:

Kyle + 5 for trying, my son is 14 and types just like you, I understood everything you asked...but then I am very old.

:o

Good thing you [s:9e66fd82e7]dont [/s:9e66fd82e7]pick me for my grammer,[s:9e66fd82e7] i [/s:9e66fd82e7][s:9e66fd82e7]cant[/s:9e66fd82e7] type for crap, and my spelling [s:9e66fd82e7]aint[/s:9e66fd82e7] that great - but [s:9e66fd82e7]ill[/s:9e66fd82e7] answer your criticisms right now about it................

BUGGER OFF!

geez..........

That is part of the problem of EMS, is full of excuses. Sorry, I review patient care reports daily and see the poor spelling, grammar is non-excusable as well as a poor demonstration of the professional. One can only judge a person by their communication technique, and the way they demonstrate it. Don't believe me, go into the court of law when they have the run report enlarged 6 feet by 6 feet and see the poor documentation. Others judge you by what you say, how you write, and actions.

One does not have to have degrees, licensure, to communicate at a 4'th grade level. There is no excuse for ignorance and laziness.

R/r 911

R/r 911That is part of the problem of EMS, is full of excuses. Sorry, I review patient care reports daily and see the poor spelling, grammar is non-excusable as well as a poor demonstration of the professional. One can only judge a person by their communication technique, and the way they demonstrate it. Don't believe me, go into the court of law when they have the run report enlarged 6 feet by 6 feet and see the poor documentation. Others judge you by what you say, how you write, and actions.

One does not have to have degrees, licensure, to communicate at a 4'th grade level. There is no excuse for ignorance and laziness.

R/r 911

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.