To all the new members who haven't introduced themselves yet

Just Plain Ruff

I've just recently signed up with this site.. like it so far, but haven't really introduced myself. My name is Ashley, I'm a fairly new EMT, looking forward to may years in the field... I live in California, and plan on going for my Paramedic once I get my experience in...Take care everybody.

I live in California, and plan on going for my Paramedic once I get my experience in...

Unless the schools you are applying to absolutely REQUIRE experience, I would definitely skip it and go straight for your education. It is a much, much better way to go for your professional education and development.

If they require experience, at least resist the urge to cheapen our profession by volunteering. Get a paying EMT job, use it for the exposure (it's not really experience), then move to medic school as soon as possible. And, of course, most any paramedic school that requires EMT "experience" for admission sucks, so be on the lookout for better schools.

Good luck!

Hello everyone from the state of Arizona. I joined this site a few months ago and have actually enjoyed a lot of the discussions here.

I've been a paramedic for 13+ years and was an IEMT for a year before that. Lately I've been discouraged with my life so I recently downgraded back to a basic emt. I figure my life would be much easier with less accountability and resposibility.

JUST KIDDING! I didn't downgrade, I just wanted to make DustDevil drop a brass twinkie! :lol: LOL

• 1 month later...

Just a quick hello to everyone,

I'm am an EMT-B, and I work with AK. He introduced me to this site, and I am greatful that he did. I look forward to

reading your posts and hopefully expressing my opinions on the various topics, and especially on the scenarios.

I'm am an EMT-B, and I work with AK. He introduced me to this site, and I am greatful that he did. I look forward to

reading your posts and hopefully expressing my opinions on the various topics, and especially on the scenarios.

Actually, I'm fortunate to work around Foz as well. Don't let the EMT-B fool you though, he's got a solid view of A&P, a terribly sharp brain, a firm grasp of the logical, and a horrid thirst for debate. Combine all of that with a wicked sense of humor and you'll see it's best not to cut him any breaks.

God willing, he'll be easier to understand in print than he is in person. When will they start to teach English in Austrailia?

Welcome to the site brother. I look forward to your thoughts.

Dwayne

Hey Foz, welcome mate!

How does one become an EMT in Australia?

Hope to catch yah around.

[/font:dfd6d5f4a3]

Greetings, and thank you for the prompt to introduce myself.

I have been lurking here for awhile and enjoy the encouraging wisdom I've seen from the folks here.

Let me say in advance, the folks here seem alot friendlier than another EMS forum I left (also lurked on)

My name is Kevin, I'm an old fart (44 - ha, ha) :roll: looking to change career paths. (full time ministry and security industry) I'm currently working on an armored car in North Carolina (no samples available, sorry 8) :D )

Struggling with the decision of Paramedic Certificate (night program) vs. Degree (day program) due to finances (family expenses)

Looking forward to more pearls of wisdom from "Ya'll"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.