To all the new members who haven't introduced themselves yet

Just Plain Ruff

nice to meet everyone.

FF2/EMT-B here.

It's nice to meet ya'll and see some new names! I as well probably introduced myself back in March when I joined and have not posted a great deal on the forums, but for good reason that I am just learning about all this EMT stuff as I begin EMT courses in a week on September 11th..so i joined here at the city with the hope of learning new things and getting help if I should one day have a ton of questions once school starts from those that may be able to help that are already in the field.

A bit about me..I am Shannon , 30yr old from Missouri..I have worked in the medical field either at the hospital level or the doctor's office level for over 8 years...the medical field is my passion and I know that i will love being an EMT and have the hopes and desires to go on and get my Paramedic as well.

Well, everyone be safe out there...

Shannon

Welcome Gerred! I am sure you will do the best you can do and get into the Paramedic school this fall. I have family that live in Denver. Nice to meet you and see you on the boards or if you come join us in chat.

Hello to all,

I guess I am the "official newbie". My name is Paul from Louisville KY. I went through the burnout phase and got completely out about 7 years ago after 14 years in fire and 4 years as EMT. Sometimes you have the one run that puts you over the top, for me that was going out to pick up my best friend from high school that was drunk and dead. I decided it was time for a change. I have just signed up for an EMT class starting Sept 17 and have a meeting with the local fire dept. I guess you can say once it is in your blood, it never leaves.

Best wishes to all, If ever in L-ville look me up.

Paul

Hi all,

Firefighter/ EMS Deputy Chief from PA. Loving working in the EMS field but really think that we need to paid more than a McDonalds clerk, but i guess that my own opinion. I've been working EMS for 5 years now and am looking forward to progressing my career to the PHRN

As they told us the first night of EMT class, if you think you are going to get rich doing this job, you need to be somewhere else. It does stink that we don't get paid more than the people that work in a controlled environment ie hospital, doctor offices. We risk our lives everyday that we climb on a truck to save someone elses life and are among the lowest paid in the health care profession. We do it for the joy of helping others, not the pay. I love being outdoors and the run-n-gun pace of the profession. You never know what your next call is going to be. This field keeps you on your toes and always makes you think. I love reviewing each call and seeing what we could have done better or different. It challenges your mind, body, and soul. Looking forward to getting back into it!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.