Link for accredited EMS Programs

Rezq304

Hey folks, I've began my search into a school to attain my Bachelor's in EMS. I've been looking at the University of Maryland-Baltimore Co. Is there anyone who's been through this program that can tell me about it? Also, can anyone provide a link to the website of accredited programs.

Also, feel free with school suggestions on the Atlantic Coast. ;)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two nationally accrediting organisations for EMS progams, CAAHEP, as Rid listed, and:

http://www.coaemsp.org/accreditatedprograms.htm

I've probably listed both links in ten or twenty threads, so minus 5 for not using the search function.

But plus 5 for seriously considering the quality of your education. :thumbleft:

• 5 weeks later...

Hey all...I'm a little late to this thread, but could someone clear up a question for me? I'm looking at paramedic schools near me, and several of them say that they have "Initial Accreditation." Could someone clarify this for me? I really want ot go to a school that is actually accredited, as opposed to a 'medic mill.'

You need to ask "initially accredited" for what and to whom? This could be anything from private business school to state vocational

or even the true Commission on Accreditation of Health Care or Co AEMSP programs. One meed to investigate and ask what is completed. It takes about 3 years and lot's of paperwork to become truly accredited.

There are very good programs that are not or not yet accredited, but accreditation does reflect that they have placed interest, time and money into a program, not just classes.

Good luck on your endeavor.

R/r 911

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have heard really good things about the management track at UMBC. THeir paramedic program produces some of the most arrogant and stuck up medics I know. Just becareful of the mentality that comes with a BS in Paramedicine...out in the field they know their shit and are very book smart but very few I find are advocates for their patients.

I am in no way putting down UMBC's program, I have a few friends there, but just becareful.

I have heard really good things about the management track at UMBC. THeir paramedic program produces some of the most arrogant and stuck up medics I know. Just becareful of the mentality that comes with a BS in Paramedicine...out in the field they know their Ca Ca and are very book smart but very few I find are advocates for their patients.

I am in no way putting down UMBC's program, I have a few friends there, but just becareful.

All I can say is that I ask people to take scubamedic's comments with a grain of salt. I'll leave it at that...