Link for accredited EMS Programs

Rezq304

Incorrect on all points stated. I was there in 1985 when he came to Fort Worth to peddle his snake oil. I heard the claims directly from his mouth. I saw his written proposals. I saw his rantings to the news media. He damn sure wasn't qualifying any of his claims with population requirements at that time. And he was not presenting other options to us as alternatives that might better meet the needs of our population. He simply swaggered in and laid his one and only plan down on the table, claiming in no uncertain terms that it was the end-all be-all of EMS system management, that one size fit all, and that within a few short years, the city would never again have to pay any subsidy to their EMS provider. I was a journalist at the time and I wrote a half-page editorial about the dubious nature of his claims. A photo of then-paramedic Bryan Bledsoe starting an IV on a patient inside an ambulance was posted with the article. I received letters and phone calls from EMS professionals all over the state praising my foresight. I received nothing but contempt and rolling eyes from the city council and city manager. After all, I wasn't some hot-shot management consultant. I was just a 12 year paramedic. What did I know about EMS?

So, has he altered his claims since then to cover his shite covered arse? I am sure he has! But retroactive revisions of his claims do not change history. They only suggest that I was wrong about him being an idiot. He's not an idiot. He's a scam man. A liar and a thief. His claims were crap then, and they are crap now. He was wrong. I was right. End of story.

P.S. Please learn to edit your quotes. You're bogarting too much space by repeating every post prior to your replies. It's annoying.

How am I incorrect on all points stated? How familar with PUM and SSM guidelines are you?

Dust, you can make statements but please back them up with something more than just personal experience. Maybe some excerpts from that article you wrote or a copy of the initial plan made to Fort Worth. You have a sour mouth over a system you didn't like. What was the end result of PUM being instituted in Fort Worth? Is MedStar still around?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the end result of PUM being instituted in Fort Worth? Is MedStar still around?

It went to the toilet. For the last twenty years, subsidies and response times have done nothing but gone up. Predictably, no contracted provider has been able to make a dime off of the operation as Stout promised they would, so the city and county now pour in record breaking subsidies. All of the companies that have run it (the biggest and best in the business) have gone tits-up. No matter how many times they re-program SSM, they still come up with unacceptable response times. And now, the city itself is running MedStar. It is now basically a third-service without any private provider involvement. And, of course, the response times and the subsidies remain high because despite what the city thought, it was not the providers who were at fault. It is simply the failure of the PUM and SSM, as well as the theory that it is possible to do more with less. Not a single promise that Stout made came to fruition. What more proof do you need?

And I ask you again to please quit re-quoting entire messages in your replies. It is uber annoying.