I failed :(

Jordan

I failed the NREMT exam. I dont know how it went wrong, I went through each question doing the GMCABCDE's and it seemed simple but yet confusing sometimes (Like "inserting an oral airway" ?, oropharangeal you mean?)

I've been preparing for months, and now this all crashes down on me, what did I do wrong?

What now, do I contact the testing center or NREMT to reschedule? Do I have to take my EMT classes over? I need advice!!

Im so angry and yet confused!!!!!! :(

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry things didn't go well. Contact your instructor(s) to set up some review and how to reschedule/retest. It's been so long, I don't remember if NR tells you where you messed up or not. I'm sure someone else here has that answer.

I took my national back in feb of this year. you get to retake it once before you have to start with the whole review. 1 student in our class had to retake it. Rember there may be more than 1 right answer so they want you to pick out the " best " answer. I got a NREMT review guide. It helped me understand the way they wanted the questions answered. Good Luck! You've had a set back but you'll get past it. :wink:

I took my national back in feb of this year. you get to retake it once before you have to start with the whole review. 1 student in our class had to retake it. Rember there may be more than 1 right answer so they want you to pick out the " best " answer. I got a NREMT review guide. It helped me understand the way they wanted the questions answered. Good Luck! You've had a set back but you'll get past it. :wink:

Is the "whole review" taking EMT over again? :shock:

Jordan, if you fail again, you will be required to attend a refresher course prior to taking the exam the third time. Check out the NREMT website for more specific information on the refresher.

Take care,

chbare.

NR will send test results so you can see your weaker areas.Dont get flipped out bro the test aint no party boat i failed first time by one question in a subtopic overall score was good but one subtopic got me.Hang in there bro hold your head up and get back to studing.ABC'S first bro

I failed the NREMT exam. I dont know how it went wrong, I went through each question doing the GMCABCDE's and it seemed simple but yet confusing sometimes (Like "inserting an oral airway" ?, oropharangeal you mean?)

WHAT OTHER ORAL AIRWAY ARE YOU INSERTING AS AN EMT-BASIC? NO IT MEANS YOUR FINGERS, MANIPULATE THE EPIGLOTTIS AND DIGITALY INTUBATE THE PATIENT!

GOD!

HOW DO PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND AFTER EVEN THE GROSSLY INADEQUATE EDUCATION THAT YOU RECIEVE THAT AN ORAL AIRWAY IS AN OPA?

+1 for the -19325425 that EMT-B's have on this forum for education...Why can't I give NTG though...

I have heard this test is a joke and a half...How do people fail this? Man, I wish I could write the NREMT-P.