What time is shift change for you?

Nate

What time is your shift change?  

51 members have voted

1. 1.

We have 2 front line units on 24. 1 changes at 0800 and the 2nd changes at 0830.

I do the 30 minutes early thing. If I get to work at 0755 and the other unit is out, and a call comes in, I DAMN sure want to KNOW that the O2 bottle on the gurney isnt empty when I bring that thing into someones home at 0801. We dont get paid until 0800 (if thats my truck), but I look at it as being responsible. Its more for myself I guess, thats just how my work ethic is. It used to piss me off when (most) other employees would roll in 2 minutes before crew exchange but now I just dont pay too much attention. If my relief shows up 2 minutes before Im off and I got somewhere to go, its a 2 minute report, completed by telling them "check it out".

ed

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0600. We have 3 units covering our town. We are the earliest car, The others change at 0630 and 0700.

I always relieve 15 minutes early. Our c shifter likes to show up right at 0600 (sometimes 1 or 2 minutes late). B shifter usually shows up between 15 and 30 minutes early.

Our service runs 12 hr trucks that go into service every half hour from 5:00 until 8:30 AM and PM will odd ball extra trucks going up at different times. Our 24 hr trucks go up at ten. We only have to show up at the station 10 min. early, but some of us show up 20 to 30 min. early because you can't get the gear loaded and do a full walk around in 10. Even though we have service techs who are supposed to get the units ready, the responsibility for everything still falls on the crew for that shift.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.