Watch your back

I dunno if body armor would pass our uniform guidline. We should be issued it for our downtown stations though.

Then I would work my butt off to get the uniform guidelines changed. It is ridiculous to have any safety issue based on how good a uniform looks. That sounds like a decision made by a bureaucratic idiot who has no clue what goes on in EMS.

Fight the Power!!!!

Peace,

Marty

:joker:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I would work my butt off to get the uniform guidelines changed. It is ridiculous to have any safety issue based on how good a uniform looks. That sounds like a decision made by a bureaucratic idiot who has no clue what goes on in EMS.

Fight the Power!!!!

Peace,

Marty

:joker:

Like I said I'm not sure if it is or isn't...

I will find out now that you guys braught it up though.

I figured something as asinine as a uniform guideline would get in the way. It is ok to wear cool guy EMT pants packed with hundreds of dollars of toys but heaven forbid we let our front line providers wear the proper personal protective equipment. Change the guideline. I wear a vest under my scrubs and most people have no idea that I am wearing armor. If you are going into a scene that police officers have cleared with firearms or may need to be called, you should at least have some chance of surviving long enough to get out or call for help. You can tell management that you will look real cool for the public laying dead on the ground in your department issued tee shirt.

Take care,

chbare.

I figured something as asinine as a uniform guideline would get in the way. It is ok to wear cool guy EMT pants packed with hundreds of dollars of toys but heaven forbid we let our front line providers wear the proper personal protective equipment. Change the guideline. I wear a vest under my scrubs and most people have no idea that I am wearing armor. If you are going into a scene that police officers have cleared with firearms or may need to be called, you should at least have some chance of surviving long enough to get out or call for help. You can tell management that you will look real cool for the public laying dead on the ground in your department issued tee shirt.

Take care,

chbare.

send me a link to your vest, I am sure if I could find something fitting that does the job I could pressent it and get it streamlined...my department is always open for change so it shouldnt be a problem.

FL_Medic, check this thread out.

http://www.emtcity.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3111

The armor I wear is IIa, I would recommend IIIa for people in the field. (Yes, I should upgrade.)

So, I would not really recommend it for EMS use.

Take care,

chbare.

Thanks, but that just sent me to another forum... I guess maybe its in there somewhere I will take a look..thanks.

FL_Medic, ACE844 beat me to the punch on the links. He posted the same link on the "body armor" thread that he did on this thread. I was trying to direct you to that link. I think there are a couple more links to other sources of information on the "body armor" thread however.

Take care,

chbare.

FL_Medic, ACE844 beat me to the punch on the links. He posted the same link on the "body armor" thread that he did on this thread. I was trying to direct you to that link. I think there are a couple more links to other sources of information on the "body armor" thread however.

Take care,

chbare.

It should be noted that I am prejudiced to the noted armor I posted the link for http://www.pinnaclearmor.com/body-armor/sov.php . I have some friends who are home alive now because of this armor and with other variants this would probably not be the case. Yes, I acknowledge that this was in a place with threats much greater than most of us could will encounter here. I have found it to be worth every penny and more in my case as well. As with anything, do the research and good luck YMMV,

ACE844

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.