26 Signs Showing You Might Be Canadian

Eric

25 Signs Showing You Might Be Canadian

1. You're not offended by the term "HOMO MILK".

2. You understand the phrase "Could you pass me a serviette, I just dropped my poutine, on the chesterfield."

3. You eat chocolate bars, not candy bars.

4. You drink Pop, not Soda.

5. You know that a Mickey and 24's mean, "party at the camp, eh!!!"

6. You don't care about the fuss with Cuba. It's a cheap place to go for your holidays, with good cigars.

7. You know that a pike is a type of fish, not part of a highway.

8. You drive on a highway, not a freeway.

9. You have Canadian Tire money in your kitchen drawers.

10. You know that Casey and Finnegan were not part of a Celtic musical group.

11. You get excited whenever an American television show mentions Canada.

12. You brag to Americans that; Shania Twain, Jim Carrey, Celine Dion & Mike Myers are Canadians.

13. You know that the C.E.O. of American Airlines is a Canadian!

14. You know what a toque is.

15. You design your Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

16. You know that the last letter of the English alphabet is always pronounced "Zed".

17. Your local newspaper covers the national news on 2 pages, but requires 6 pages for hockey.

18. You know that the four seasons mean: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road work.

19. You know that when it's 25 degrees outside, it's a warm day.

20. You understand the Labatt Blue commercials.

21. You know how to pronounce and spell "Saskatchewan".

22. You perk up when you hear the theme song from 'Hockey Night in Canada'.

23. You are in grade 12, not the 12th grade.

24. "Eh?" is a very important part of your vocabulary, and is more polite than, "Huh?"

25. You actually understand these jokes, and forward them to all of your Canadian friends! (Then you send them to your American friends just to confuse them!)

26. You know where the space arm on the shuttle came from

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh Canadian Tire money, who doesnt have many or any.

I wish McDonald's would follow suit but the old saying is their to dumb to know anything, do anything.

As for some ppl who never been to Canada, I'm getting tired of the question, what do you ppl do when your igloo melts, do you live in wood huts? no smarty pants, is disneyland your home away from home?

Yeah, funny how some of you dont even know about your own history, let alone what we do in Canada.

Thats ok, I forgive you, since you dont pray in schools anymore, the color of your money is boring and easy to burn, clean effciently than to burn a US Flag but then thats retarded, thinking you have better things to do with your time.

And I know this will piss you off but hey its ok I understand, your burnt out and need a new job or a vacation.

Windsong, I can almost never tell what the hell you're talking about....

You go on about stupid Americans, prayer in school, flag burning! (two issues near and dear to many American hearts)

But wasn't it an American that posted these trivia points? I didn't notice him asking about wood huts or igloos..???

What in the hell is the matter with you? If you have a beef...come out with it....

If you don't know that/why flag burning and prayer in schools are vital issues for defining what it means to be American then you shouldn't talk about anyone being ignorant of Canada.

I've spent quite a bit of time in Canada...love it...I'm glad you are not a good representation of it's people....

Sorry for the rant all...I usually don't respond to these type of statements...but this one got under my skin....I must be burnt out.

Dwayne

Wow, someone can't take a joke. You can take stuff this seriously when some craptastic TV channel makes a show "about" your area, but fails at basic grammar by putting a "The" in front of the initials [screw you Fox].

If you have a beef...come out with it....

You got beef?

I don't claim to be the brightest bulb in the box...perhaps I did miss the joke...but I don't see any humor in that post...

I don't know what you mean by the rest of your post...

Dwayne

I had a good chuckle when I read these... Most apply directly to me, except for the "bragging about celine dion" part! As far as I'm concerned, you Americans can have her! :D And as a matter-of-fact, I don't have Canadian Tire money in my kitchen drawers-- it's in my sock drawer!

Wow, someone can't take a joke. You can take stuff this seriously when some craptastic TV channel makes a show "about" your area, but fails at basic grammar by putting a "The" in front of the initials [screw you Fox].

You got beef?

WTF was that? LOL.

I'd like to tell a little story about an American you all know :evil2: who was recently in Canada. He thought the Canadian tire money I had lying all over my car (I'm a slob) was Canadian currency. LMAO!

Eric, I loved your post - I thought it was hysterical.....

And Hammer, you are right.....I don't want to claim Celine Dion either.....but I do kinda like Mike Myers........and my Canadian Tire money is all over the floor of my car too!

Thanks again, Eric - appreciated the laugh.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.