1. 1.

• Doctrate level
    • MBA
    • Graduate Level
    • Under GraduateDegree
    • No Formal Business Education
    • Promoted as former EMS memeber
    • Other... please comment

The director, while having a bachelors in "tall tales" and "lying through his teeth", was promoted from within. He really does have a college degree but it's worthless to him and his employees.

At my other job it's hard to say. The main boss in an RN (hospital based service) but I'm not sure about the big boss. His bio doesn't talk about education at all. So I couldn't say.

Job #1 AS Fire Science, typical fire chief in the area

Job #2 MSN, Head of the Education Department. It's contract work, so I'm not sure if it would qualify. If I don't like how things are going, I can leave real easy.

Job #3 BSN, ER Department Manger

If mangagment doesn't understand how to use their resources, then the educational level doesn't really mean much. No matter how many plaques you have on the wall, employees want to know that you have their best interests at heart. If EMS is to advance though, the department management needs to elevate with everything else.

EDUCATION, EDUCATION, EDUCATION. Even more important than location.

I am curious as to whether the members here feel wether one must be educated to the levels above to be a good or effective manager in EMS?

ACE844

I'm also curious of any of the mangement in your organisations does 'clincial- non manegerial shifts' as well?

ACE

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.