52 Precepts EMS Students and Providers Should Consider

Ace844

Awesome stuff ACE... going to have to donate a Rep point or two myself for this one..... Thanks for posting it...

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Go Ace.

Way to take credit for someone else's work! Congrats!

I'll be happy to point you to the quotation marks that denotate this is not an original work; and the citation at the bottom...Nice try though..Clean your glasses off and get your Timoptic refilled 'hammer'

ACE844

Ace-

Its no secret that you and I agree on...well pretty much nothing. And while this list is aimed at physicians, it is clearly a valuable asset to anyone and everyone who cares for people in times of need, from the first responder on his first day to the critical care paramedic in his 35th year. I for one am happy to see a list of practice tools which offers advice which includes introspection, the elimination of ego and the absolute primacy of the patient's needs in pre-hospital emergency care.

I haven't been an EMT for that long, coming as I do from a long background in academic medicine and while I dont think I will stuff this whole list in my brain for memorization, I will print it and put it in the pocket of my tac pants and everytime I feel fed up with a patient or am moved to think that they are simply whining or looking for attention,I will make myself read this entire list. Maybe there are patients who are just looking for attention, but as my guru has so often said (himself a veteran of two tours in VietNam as a combat medic and 36 years "in the box" as a paramedic back in the world) patients who call us seeking attention or comfort are just as much in need. After all the acid that is spewed about protocals and egos on these forums, thank you for posting this. May we all aspire to treat our patients as we ourselves would wish to be treated.

"First, do no harm"

I'll be happy to point you to the quotation marks that denotate this is not an original work; and the citation at the bottom...Nice try though..Clean your glasses off and get your Timoptic refilled 'hammer'

ACE844

I have to agree with Ace here, his source was very clear. I don't see how you could even consider the thought that he was taking credit for it :?