Jump Bag Checklist

what in the list dont you recognise, just outta idle curiosity?

Anginine

Maxalon

Penthrane

Suxemethonium

Others in the US may not recognise Salbutamol or Lignocaine, or maybe even Aramine, as it hasn't really been used much in the states for a decade.

Wow! now that's a name I haven't' heard in a long time..one of my first med.'s to give... of course they found out it does not work in the EMS arena, due to the sympathomemetics is long gone before most EMS arrive (3-4) minutes, and the receptors are no longer able to convert.

R/r 911

Im quiet surprised that you guys have never heard of Penthrane! I recon every single paramedic to first aid officer swear by it over here. So Im assuming that you guys use Entonox or something like that?

Penthrane is way better and so much more patient friendly and easy to use.

But there you go I learn something new very day lol.

Anginine = GTN = glyceryl trinitrate (ALS & MICA)

Maxolon = metoclopramide = antiemetic (ALS & MICA)

Penthrane = methoxyflurane = short acting anaesthestic (Paramedics/ALS & MICA)

suxamethonium chloride = short acting muscle relaxant, neuromuscular blocking agent (MICA only)

Hope this helps

Do we want to start the Methoxyflurane nephrotoxicity debate again? Oh wait! that was a different forum :D

Penthrane was outlawed by the FDA because of its nephrotoxicity in high doses in the 70's (i think) it was used as an induction anaesthesia for minor surgery for up to 5 hrs, which is far removed from the 90minute recommended exposure time. As far as im aware, Aus is the only country still using it, its has TGA approval here, but the long term effects on exposure to ambo's is undocumented, and our max dose per day is 6ml, which is arounf 40 - 50 minues...........

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.