For Old EMS Veterans Only....

Ridryder 911

You remember having to ring a doorbell or call the hospital telephone operator to have the Emergency Room opened for your patient.

Meh...That STILL is in effect today.

2 hospitals here I gotta pick up the bat phone before they open the doors.

All the rest of the hospitals with the exception of 3 you must press a code to get in. Usually the code is 0911 or 911...I recently went to a hospital that had decided to change its code since the last time I was there...It had to either repulsive or amusing watching me chase down a security guard who saw us and turned around while the pt is on the stretcher with my partner screaming in pain from a kidney stone.

Went to EMT school 1982 ,brings some great memories back!I wish these new 2 yr wonders out there would appreciate our experience and sit back and shut up and learn how to analyze,read whats going on with the patient and scene safety.I seem to see alot of know it all ,book smart medics with no common sense, come on! Admit you can learn ,even from those you disagree with.Wearing gloves took along time to get used to, how about these new angio's?Hey we even get to learn some new tricks!

WOW!! day ja vou all over again!! and still going. Been there --did that--and got a whole drawer full of t-shirts.

My first certification was a state Ambulance Attendant course.... and my EMT cert number has 00 as the first two digits. and the only gloves on the unit were in the OB Kit. I even remember replacing the Pontiac with a new '76 Caddy, and being the young and progressive "emt" who thought that a van was the way to go. what a rebel.... Times have changed but I still manage 100+ vollie runs a year.

An admitted one-up here: Working with new EMTs who are the GRAND-CHILDREN of the EMTs who taught you your craft. I truly have had a couple, as I'm born in 1954, and started ambulance training in 1973!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.