Always something new

strippel

I know some of you big city people can beat me, but this was new to me.

Today my partner and I got shot at. Luckily it was only paint balls, but we thought it was a BB gun. It was no big deal, until they hit the ambulance when we were trying to load a CHF patient. (She was very swollen, ready to burst, and had a pulse ox of 81% on room air). We took the patient to cover, and the family and neighbor called 911. Within a minute, the Po was on the scene, arrested 2, and confiscated 5 paint ball guns.

Now, I have been to shootings and stabbings before. I have been to non-secure scenes, and have heard and seen shots fired before. I have helped the Po chase and subdue perps. But I have never been "shot at" before.

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Now, I have been to shootings and stabbings before. I have been to non-secure scenes, and have heard and seen shots fired before. I have helped the Po chase and subdue perps. But I have never been "shot at" before.

"Strippel,"

I'm glad your safe and sound and that they used only paint balls. In addition, I have one request.....Could you please 'clarify' or remove this part of your post::

"I have helped the Po chase and subdue perps."

Here's an example. A few years ago a Paramedic crew while working in the 'city' of Milton, Mass on the primary '911' Paramedic truck, witnessed a person 'driving erratically' while returning to qtrs from a call. The 2 Morons who were working this day decided that it would be fun and great to 'SAVE THE DAY' and pull this person over (This happened at night). They 'lit it up' and the individual pulled over. They requested police assistance and multiple units responded. One of the medics got on the PA and told the driver to 'turn the engine off and wait,'. The 'assisting' PD units arrived and got the story from 'the medics', While running the plate and the drivers information it comes out that this individual has a warrant out for a multiple homicides. As well as other offenses! They move in to apprehend the 'suspect' and perform a 'Felony apprehension-arrest'. Luckily this indivisual was extremely intoxicated and high, and wasn't functioning properly! Why, you ask? In the car after a search the PD found a MAC-10, 2 Glocks, and a .308, as well as various other weapons and drugs...NOW I ASK YOU WHAT WOULD THESE 2 MORONS HAVE DONE IF THIS INDIVIDUAL HAD BEEN COGNIZANT AND EITHER FLED, OR STARTED A SHOOTOUT, BECAUSE HE THOUGHT THE AMBULANCE WAS THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :shock: :shock: :shock: :x :x :x :x :x :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

So, I urge you to consider the possibility that the post may give many of the wannabes, won't be's, wish they could be's, and rookies a bad idea or allow them to think that doing this is correct, and a regular part of our job. Thus potentially placing someone who read this with the idea it is ok to do stupid, and unsafe things, those for which they haven't been trained or equipped to deal with!! The end result causing a LODD, or injury to someone here..... I'm an advocate for thinking 'Stupid should Hurt' as much as the next guy... But do so off the job... Food for thought...Thanks,

ACE844

To make Ace happy....

I don't go anywhere I'm not dispatched. I do not assist the police, unless requested, and it must be related to our patient. (We have a very good working relationship with the police, and I don't ruin that by being a wacker.)

I've been doing this long enough, I don't need to create my own excitement.

To make Ace happy....

I don't go anywhere I'm not dispatched. I do not assist the police, unless requested, and it must be related to our patient. (We have a very good working relationship with the police, and I don't ruin that by being a wacker.)

I've been doing this long enough, I don't need to create my own excitement.

"Strippel,"

Thank you, I know your a guy with a tactical backround, and have a great 'OPEN RELATIONSHIP' with your PD. I'm also quite sure you know what I mean by my statement above and may have even 'heard' or worse encountered any combination of similar type situations. I'm glad your safe and hope you continue to remain so...

Out Here,

ACE844

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.