Any Missourians out there??

I have a question about EMT-B tests....

I passed my practical in Columbia last June and took my written twice (July and Sept.) with no good news coming from those. So I got a little scared and didn't want to take (well, just fail) my third test and have just got up enough courage to take it again. I can't get ahold of my administrator from my school. So, my question is.... Is it too late for me to take my written (AND PASS IT THIS TIME!!) and if it's not, who can I get ahold of to take it again? Thanks so much for anyone that can help!!

Kayla

If it is the NR test i believe you have two yrs from the date of the last day of you class. i could be wrong it may ony be a yr so .... Good luck dont let the test break you.

Be Safe

Race

Buffalo Girl, man! it's been so long since i have even had to think about it........1yr, 2yr, my suggestion would be to stalk your instructor until they answer your question.....no just kidding! definitely keep trying your instructor or contact the EMS department of the school you attended for some answers. I'm not sure what part of the state your living in, but if you can't get any further info from your school, try other programs. St Louis community college (forest park campus), IHM health studies, East Central community college, or even Sanford Brown in Fenton. the other option of the top of my head would be the MO Bureau of EMS out of Jeff city. Except for MO BEMS all the others listed are in the St. Louis area.

also it is NR, and RaceMedic nailed it on the nose, don't let it break you, if at first you don't succeed......try and try again!!!!

stay strong!

Madmedic

PM me and let me know what area your from... I can probably help you find your Instructor...

I hope you pass the test this time, however I did want to take an opportunity to warn you about Missouri EMS. I see your occupation is a pharmacy tech. I suggest you stay a pharmacy tech. You have a snowballs chance in hell of finding a job as an EMT in this state, a slightly greater chance if you should decide to be a paramedic. Even if you get one of the very few PRN spots somewhere, you'll certainly notice a pay cut from your current employment. If you really, really like EMS and can't seem to get it out of your system, and you pass the test and become registered, and you want a job in EMS, I suggest you relocate. The grass is much greener in other states systems.

While I will agree about working as an EMT (in most areas) in Missouri, I totally DISAGREE with working as a Paramedic... there are TONS of jobs, as everyone is short staffed. Employers are able to be very picky about hiring EMT's, not as picky about hiring Paramedics.

Thanks to everyone for their help. I'm still trying to make contact with anyone at our school. I would try my teachers but after class was over, we found out that they weren't certified at the time to teach EMT. So, anyway, hopefully I'll find out something on Monday and get to take the test and pass it this time. As far as the job shortage, I've seen that from my friend that was in my class and passed her test. She's had a few PRN shifts here and there but nothing that counts.

Thanks again for everyone's help!!!! If anyone has any other suggestions, I'll be happy to hear them!! Everyone is always so helpful!!

Ummmmm give me a PM seriously... if your instructors weren't allowed to teach EMT-B Class, then likely you won't be allowed to test as the course would not be an "approved" course. The Training Director for the State EMS Unit is on this site from time to time... maybe he'll contact you via PM to see if he can assist you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.