Criminal Background Check

I Dont see a problem with Criminal background checks.....the only people that have a problem with them are the ones with something to hide.......same with drug test.....the only way that it would be a problem is if you had something to hide....I agree with both random and manatory drug test and yearly Criminal background checks....... :lol::lol::lol:

On one hand, if you have been arrested for something (e.g. stealing drugs) then you shouldn't have a job... why should the service need to wait to fire you as a trial drags on? But on the other hand, an arrest is not a conviction and there's no guarantee you will be convicted. But on the first hand again, people are not often arrested without cause. So I guess the first hand winds and I think if you are arrested for something serious you should be out of a job before a conviction.

On one hand, if you have been arrested for something (e.g. stealing drugs) then you shouldn't have a job... why should the service need to wait to fire you as a trial drags on? But on the other hand, an arrest is not a conviction and there's no guarantee you will be convicted. But on the first hand again, people are not often arrested without cause. So I guess the first hand winds and I think if you are arrested for something serious you should be out of a job before a conviction.

I think this definitely depends on the situation, i.e I get arrested for stealing those drugs, but you really stole them and don't - so I should be placed on administrative leave unless I'm convicted or you get busted for really taking the drugs. On the other hand if two or more reliable witnesses seen me take the drugs and are willing to testify to that, I should be fired on the spot!

Arrest records should not be used. CONVICTIONS are the key. You can be arrested for anything, and many times people are mistakenly or wrongly arrested. Angry spouses have their partners arrested and a trial may never occur, just an example. Convictions, on the other hand, you have gone through the legal system, and as our rules say, finally adjudicated. Now we have certain offenses that require notification within 72 hours of charges being filed. Public safety is a priority. That's Missouri. We've been doing background checks in one fashion or another for over 10 years. Our statutes and regulations can be found at

www.dhss.mo.gov/EMS

A lot of EMS are city divisions, this allows for open for public records. I know of many communities that immediately disclose if there is a LEO, firefighter, or EMS that has been charged. This is public record if you work for the public. Again, even if it is just charges they can publish discuss that charges or investigation is taking place. I have even seen them publish salaries, this is one of the disadvantages of working for a local governmental employer.

Most cities as well have "moral" and "public image" clauses written in their policies. Describing if an event occurred that would cause embarrassment or shame to the city, one can be discharged as well.

For as med.'s missing, most have an immediate UDS and testing. If there is enough suspicion of behavior and physical attributes to cause suspicion this may grounds enough for immediate dismissal. I have never seen a service, place administrative leave on narc problems.. usually they have already built a case when they bust someone... the removal of license and certification, usually comes later.

R/r 911

Criminal background checks are pieces of cake. For this job I'm at now, I need a mid level government clearance to do work at military hospitals and military bases. The background check there puts criminal background checks to shame.

If you have something to hid then shame on you, if you have nothing to hide then [sup:769b40bbd5]GET over it [/sup:769b40bbd5]and go on with your day. It's not a invasion of privacy if you agreed to it on taking the job.

You probably gave more information out with more of a chance to harm you in the future when you filled out the health insurance forms for your insurance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.