looking for a good volly ems service

Walrus

Hi guys and gals

I am new to emtcity and I am currently a Paramedic in Canada and I want to move to the U.S. by next spring and I am looking for a volley ambulance service that has a fairly high amount of calls, decent officers and the ability to upgrade to ALS from the service. I work from home ghost writing for comedians so I can do that from anywhere so i am pretty much open to any ems service that needs people.. any info you may have that would be an appropriate place for me PLEASE let me know..web site etc.....

msn and e-mail dr_tubby@hotmail.com

thanks

Stephen

Thanks ER doc I did check out some on long island and I am considering a couple of them.. that may be a little to populated for me but I will defiantly take a look....p.s. if you are promoting Long Island again I would suggest removing "long Island the Anus of the universe from your profile message lmao hahahahahahaha

thanks again

Walrus

Do you have a specific region in mind? It's a big country, and not all states are created equal. Neither are EMS systems or volunteer squads. If you can narrow it down for us, that would be quite helpful.

If you are interested in Texas, I can recommend a couple that would suit you well. One of them has already taken on an Ontario ACP from EMT City, so they know the ropes.

Let me know if you would like to connect with them or that medic. Although, I suspect you are specifically interested in NYC or the Los Angeles area for your profession. Pity. Both suck.

Hi

Actually I do not want a huge city atmosphere. I am looking for a "large community" maybe a 3-4 ambulance service or so.

Texas may appeal to me for 1 big factor NO SNOW ! hahhaha however I am not sure how the other ACP got to do that as I have made millions of calls and there is no reciprocity so I would have to start from scratch at an EMT B.

One of the things i am also considering is the cost of living and appropriate housing as I do not need much being as I am a single guy.

one of the main things is the people, i would like to work with a pretty awesome team that like to have fun and enjoy their work as I have found some that is just packed FULL of political and personal feuds etc..

since you people obviously know the area and services better than I , that's why i am really valuing your opinions.

Walrus

A.K.A Steve

I am not sure how the other ACP got to do that as I have made millions of calls and there is no reciprocity so I would have to start from scratch at an EMT B.

Ah! There's the problem. You're asking the wrong questions, so you're getting the wrong answers.

No, there is no "reciprocity," and there should not be. Reciprocity is just giving you a licence, taking your education, experience, knowledge and competency for granted. Bad policy. But, if your ACP credentials are in order, the state (many of them) can authorise you to challenge the NR exam to validate your knowledge and competency. And, if you pass that exam, then the state and the NR grant you a licence. That's what the other ON ACP is doing. That's what I will be doing in ON.

The service she went with has their own EMT school and a very professional and active in-house education department and is familiar with the process now. They are a combination paid and volunteer agency with many per diem employees, as are others in the Houston area, which is the best (if not the only) decent area for active volly/part-time services of any quality in Texas.

But I'm warning you. No snow is not all it's cracked up to be. You have to question how well you could tolerate 37 plus degree days with 95 percent humidity for months on end just as seriously as I have to question whether I can handle 6 months a year of snow and days below 0. Be careful what you wish for! :P

She may have been able to challenge the exam as an Advanced Care Paramedic however i am just a Primary care paramedic. I have no problem with taking the whole EMT b course and then upgrading after wards.

And I know I would be able to handle the heat as I lived in Ft. Lauderdale for 11 months about 4 years ago.

do you or anyone reading this have any recommendations on particular services. (names websites e-mails etc) . My father always taught me that if you enjoy where you work and the job itself you never truly work a single day. so that's why I am requesting the help as just any service will not due.

thanks again for all the help

Walrus

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.