Other than Ambulance/Fire ??

Just kinda curious about different gigs EMT's and Medics have worked other than on an Ambulance or Fire. I did a couple months as an EMT/Safety Tech on an offshore oil platform off the coast of Ca. Definately not fun like onboard an ambulance but the money was much better.

ed

My main paying job is at an occupational health primary care clinic in a warehouse, 'cause I can't turn down the pay, it's great, but mostly sprains/strains/colds/minor allergic reactions/ etc. Get the very rare true emergency. Very boring most days. I still run full time with fire dept though two 24 shifts a week to keep up the skills I rarely (if ever) use at the occ health place.

My youngest son was the first to get his EMT Licence in the family. He is now in the US Navy. He is a Machinist Mate on board a sub. His secondary duty is being under the control and direction of the on board independent duty corpsman.

On of my twin sons was the second to get his EMT Licence in the family. He is the on site EMT for a construction company. Right now he is also going to school to be a wildland fire fighter, so you know how he will be used.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.