Apology for "heartburn" thread...

smle

When I originally posted that thread, I really only intended to provide an example of how things are done here where I am. I realize now that I should have explained that better in my original post. I actually agree that just because you are allowed to use certain skills and/or meds solely because of the letters on your license, doesn't necessarily mean you have a real clue about those skills or meds. I'm sure that everyone here has seen a few MDs who were little more than over educated fools who shouldn't have been allowed to practice on cadavers let alone real patients. At the same time, we've all known some savvy, streetwise basics whose true level of knowledge and medical wisdom was far above their license level. FWIW, I'm always trying to learn more about my job every shift I work. I look at each day as a learning opportunity and believe that is up to me to turn that opportunity into something profitable for myself and my patients.

As for the "stuffed shirts". There ARE a few hypocrites out there who subject those of lower licensure level with scorn but who would pop a blood vessel is they were subject to the same treatment from someone further up to food chain than them.

I meant to do one thing, wound up doing another I did not intend. So to anyone I offended or pissed off, I sincerely apologize. :oops:

Smle, not a big deal. It sounds like you may have had a bad experience and were blowing off some steam? I understand what you are saying, I have ran into incompetence at every level in the health care system, and while I have my thoughts regarding education and skill/procedure levels of EMT-B's & EMT-I's, there is no excuse for me treating these people poorly while at work. I think you will find that people on this site are not against EMT-B's. Most of the people are simply advocating better education for both EMT-B's & paramedics.

Take care,

chbare.

"smle,"

I'm glad you were able to realize your mistake. I actually agree with some of your 'refined' points above. I think you'll find here that we are a large and diverse group with alot of varied education and experience. In short one of the best EMS resources on the web. As you found out though to your chagrine, we often have the habit of not taking 'heartburn inducing' posts, or ones with 'flaming tone' lightly. I think you'll find that if you ask your questions in a sincere manner and after doing a 'basic' search ( I just had to throw that in there) you'll get a number of great responses which should help you out. Also, 'recently' some posters have mentioned that we 'bash' basics here. I would like to point out that this isn't necessarily the case. As some of the posters here who are more 'experienced' and post on a wide range of diverese subjects are actually 'basics' as well, who are very apssionate about EMS. In closing, welcome to the city, and good luck.

Hope this helps,

ACE844

When I originally posted that thread, I really only intended to provide an example of how things are done here where I am. I realize now that I should have explained that better in my original post. I actually agree that just because you are allowed to use certain skills and/or meds solely because of the letters on your license, doesn't necessarily mean you have a real clue about those skills or meds. I'm sure that everyone here has seen a few MDs who were little more than over educated fools who shouldn't have been allowed to practice on cadavers let alone real patients. At the same time, we've all known some savvy, streetwise basics whose true level of knowledge and medical wisdom was far above their license level. FWIW, I'm always trying to learn more about my job every shift I work. I look at each day as a learning opportunity and believe that is up to me to turn that opportunity into something profitable for myself and my patients.

As for the "stuffed shirts". There ARE a few hypocrites out there who subject those of lower licensure level with scorn but who would pop a blood vessel is they were subject to the same treatment from someone further up to food chain than them.

I meant to do one thing, wound up doing another I did not intend. So to anyone I offended or pissed off, I sincerely apologize. :oops:

Much better tone. Welcome to EMTcity.

As a side note, we are equal opportunity bashers here. Medics suck, EMT's suck, american EMS sucks, and were all looking for housing and jobs in Canada. Any other questions? :lol:

PRPG

"As a side note, we are equal opportunity bashers here. Medics suck, EMT's suck, american EMS sucks, and were all looking for housing and jobs in Canada. Any other questions? "

:lol: Now that is funny!

Take care,

chbare.

Much better tone. Welcome to EMTcity.

As a side note, we are equal opportunity bashers here. Medics suck, EMT's suck, american EMS sucks, and were all looking for housing and jobs in Canada. Any other questions? :lol:

PRPG

And the weather in Canada sucks.

Don't take it too hard about EMT bashing or medic bashing, or whatever were bashing this week. You have to take everything said on the board with a grain of salt. Remember, people on here are very passionate and well read about their jobs, perhaps sometimes more so than is healthy. Just look at this way, many times the bashing is pretty much the internet positng version of arm wrestling. We don't really mean anything by it, just want to show our stuff now and again. I'm sure you have had some horrible experiences with really arrogant medics out there, and for that, I apologize. You think I'm hard on EMT's, you should see me tear into an arrogant prima donna paramedic who deserves it sometime.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.