GHOST STORIES

Sasha

APACHI=Alberta Paranormal Association of Calgary Hauntings & Investigations.

For the last 10 yrs let's say I've been off and on researching just about anything but one story I will tell you may leave you questioning the truth since not all return (living-haunting).

Being as such you mentioned about hearing voices, when I was in High School and living at home, I was sitting in my room, no one was home except me and our cat. I was reading a teen magazine, I'm facing the doorway (east) and I heard as plain as day a woman's voice said, "Do you think we should tell her?"

I looked up and said out loud, yeah I think you should, and the voice said, Ok. That caught me off guard, so I stood up and walked into the hallway and said whose there? never heard that voice again.

________________________________________________________________________________

I was in the living room, reading readers digest and I'm facing west this time, and it's quiet no sound, I'm pretty sure I heard quite a few voices, then it stopped, so I went back to reading again, then again the voices, by this time I'm thinking I'm tired it's probably nothing. So I got up and got a drink of water and was about to sit down and read but before I sat down to, I passed the stairs where I've been hearing this, this time LOUDER I heard it again, so I leaned down the stairs and said HELLO?

By this time your probably scared, dont be it turned out to be my radio was having static problems, my alarm went off.

________________________________________________________________________________

Since I was 6 yrs old, my 16 yr old sister was killed in MVA (1969) apparently they said the vehicle hit some loose gravel, the car flew about 100 ft in the air breaking in half, one part of the car landed in the tree and the other half on the ground killing my sister, her friend instantly, the 3 college guys ended up in hospital, 2 of them died leaving one to survive.

I'm not sure when this happened, 1 week after or month after but my 2 older sisters, my only brother and I are down stairs talking. My sister Judy told us that she told my sister (one who died) if either one of us dies to come back and let us know you crossed over, later that night I'm sitting on the bed, my sister Judy and I looked at each other and fear spread like wild fire.

This causing a lot of comotion and my sister Judy said out loud-OMG did you feel that, and I said yeah how did you make the bed move like that, she said I didnt. My other sister started to cry and my brother went upstairs and told our mom that the bed moved all by its self, so our mother came downstairs and sprinkled holy water and the bed stopped moving.

I can tell you this, when your only 6 yrs old and have no clue what's going on I thought it was a great trick and I asked my sister to do it again but she told me she couldnt because mom drowned it and made it go away. (I'm catholic).

Here in Calgary we have a cool place called "Heritage Park", and at this place are several haunted dwellings. One place I find quite intriguing is Sam Livingstons place, it is only half of the house but it is still considered haunted.

One yr I went to the park with my 2 friends and we walked all over and we ended up at Sam's place, so we walked in, like me I like to talk and I thought my friends went up stairs but they werent anywhere to be found so whilest I was upstairs I said to Sam in spirit: I sure like your house Sam, it's very homey not like the rich house up the street, it's ok but I like yours better.

So I come downstairs and the lady that was there cleaning up was no where to be seen, I look out the back door, the front door, nope. I turn around and coming down the stairs was a whisp of smoke then it disappeared. Thats when the lady returned and said she's locking up and we left. Did it scare me, naw but it was cool though.

In 1980 I worked at the Holy Cross Hospital in Calgary, I was 17 yrs old and we had this pt who already lost one breast to cancer, and then had another operation to remove the other. This lady was a really sweet soul, and she would always ask for me. And when I wasnt working, Pat our head nurse would call me and ask if I would come and visit Betty and I said sure, so I asked my dad to drive me and I'll take the bus home. So I get there and she beams from ear to ear, so glad you could come, and I smiled. Everyday I worked while she was a pt there, because my regular days were only 2 and sometimes 3 but they asked me to work a full 5 and that was ok.

Anyway later that after noon I was going to have tea with Betty but the night before she went down hill quick, and that afternoon the next day she passed away. She looked so peaceful laying there, one of her eyes half open, so I told her ty for being so nice to me, such a great friend, all of a sudden something gurgled and they called my name, I'd say I nearly jumped out of my service uniform. The oxygen in the bottle gurgled, then they called my name, it was so darn peaceful I'm lucky I didnt have a heart attack.

Some of us dont understand when ppl die, it's as if they dont believe because they never experienced what I have or the fact your FEAR has tormented you, so you wont go there and I understand completely. When I tell ppl I see dead ppl, never BS someone, you could get put away for like ever. My friend told this Doc in the ER that she sees dead ppl, next thing I get a phone call from the General Hospital (Implosioned-doesnt exist anymore) that I need to pick up her car and I said something like why and the nurse said are you family and I'm like yea or you wouldnt be phoning me if I werent, would you. She said well come and get keys, the psych doctor on call would like to have a word with you, since she said her parents are dead and she's an only child.

I'm thinking ok and I go there by cab, I walk into the ER entrance and I ask for Kim Connely, is she a pt here and I'm like I wouldnt of asked you if she wasnt but I said yeah. They gave me her keys then they lead me down the hall to wear she was. They have her wrists tied up and I said OMG Kim what the heck did you do now, she told me the story and we just laughed. So I untie her and she gets up and I found her clothes, she got dressed and we left.

As we are going out the sliding doors we heard a code, asking a nurse coming in what it ment, it was for a pt that was missing, considering the fact we knew who. Standing at the bus stop before going to her car, we could see security running all over the place looking but never once stopping and asking who we were.

So the next time you say you see dead ppl, let's hope you know the ER doc first.

My family and I had an unusual (I won't say haunting or weird,because I'm still skeptical about this event) event occur in 2004. Anyway it was not an EMS haunting. We were in Gettysburg Pa, for several days touring the battlefield and museums. Well the last night we stayed,my oldest son wanted to take one of those ghost tours. So my son and I went on the tour,with my wife and my youngest staying at the hotel. Anyway by the end of the tour ,as expected,my son was scared. So on the way back to hotel,we decided to pick up some drinks at the 7 eleven. My son the whole time, kept saying that there was this little boy in the back seat of my vehicle sitting with him. Of course,there was no one there,so I told him to let the ghost know that he was not coming home with us tomorrow ,and I started laughing and saying that there were no ghosts,that it was his imagination.

Well the next morning we were getting ready to leave,when I was unable to start the truck. One of the hotel workers gave my truck a jump,suddenly my 4 ways came on. Now I tried to rule out all possibilities. 1st,I asked my son if he had turned them on when he got out,he said, "Dad I got out the back door and never went out the front." 2nd,I had parked up against the wall of the hotel, and when I shut off my truck,I would have seen the 4 ways blinking on the wall ,because it was dark out.I also locked my truck for the night.I'm also anal about making sure everything is turned off in my trucks for this reason :?

I figured that whoever it was ,they were trying to make a point(besides pi$$ing me off).

Also,I had my battery and electrical system checked later,and was told that everything was fine and they could not find anything wrong. So,yep it could have been something mechanical or electrical,but who knows?(sometimes it's fun to think it was a haunting that might have occured)

Anyway just thought I'd share this . :)

Sometimes a entity will mess with your vehicle, moving your things from one part of the room to another, causing lights to flicker (to get your attention).

Now with your vehicle as I understand it,this has happened to me before where my car wouldnt start and my father asked me did I flood it and I said no, so I left it for a bit even tho our appt was for 11:30am for the doctor's for my dad. Phoning them telling them we are late, they told me they have to reschedule it, because, someone just plowed through the window where the ppl who come for their appts sit.

I never told them about what happened to us, but I believe God was looking out for us, Buddha, Allah however you wanna call it, as they say in scientology (aliens). LOL

I have seen about oh few 100 apparitions, some that appear as real as you are to me, silowettes, partial silowettes, ecto-plasm, white smoke as I put it whisp of.

At my home, I have several hauntings, I'll be on here (computer) and someone will walk down my hall and no one is there, I'll be down stairs knowing full well my cats on my bed and someone will have walked the floor enough for it to creak.

I had an encounter with my dead brother inlaw-how is that so, well let tell you:If for any reason something out of the ordinary should not be at your house, like my niece's b/f moving in and living with my sister and niece etc...This occured in my basement in one paticular area and one area only. I'm watching tv and the strong smell of someone smoking. I got up thinking I know darn well it's not me or my mother, so I move around the room and it's not in the back room where my clothes are, or is it in where my washer and dryer are. So I come back to where I was sitting watching tv and the strength of it is still there.

I wondered why he was there, some of them have a reason and I found out later that even though he's deceased he didnt approve of my niece's b/f moving in. Disturbances are just some of the things that can happen, minimal to breaking of things.

My sister's dead cat now lives with me, he will rub up against my leg-it's called a brushing by, he's been gone for about 4 yrs now. He was a persian-tabby (gray & white-some black) His name is Sasha, he's Aunty's boy. I was playing my gameboy, if you must know LOL and I was facing east towards my wall, not thinking much about anything in general-I swear to God something jumped on my pillow behind my head, like a heavy jump, thats what suprised me, thinking it was my cat Tippy, so I turn over and said, Hi Tippy but there was no cat, so I thought that was weird. so I got back to playing, a few minutes later again it happened but at my feet, so I'm thinking again this must be Tippy, no cat. so I get up and go upstairs and there's my cat sound asleep on the recliner.

I spoke to a medium about somethings other than the cat, didnt have to mention it, the medium I'm talking to is a man, a lady picked up on this. After my reading, the woman said; "Did you hear that? and the medium said what did you think you heard and she said a cat loudly purring and I'm thinking omg what now? She said you have a gray & white cat there with you, he loves you and likes being with you. So when the reading was done, I told them the cat in general was my sister's but he had some problems and had to be put down, which that broke my heart because I had to make the decision. She said well he's with you and I said why me? I said to her I was the last for him to see, the new house my sister lives in now, he doesnt know that house and why he doesnt stay at the old one is beyond me.

She told me sometimes when ppl die even animals the energy is so great it will attach its self to it, so thus a haunting begins.

Oooooh, ooooh, I got one...

Way back when I was an impressionable young EMT, I had just finished one of my first in a long line of unsuccesful codes, and before that in the evening my partner and I had been discussing ghosts and the like. I was taking off my uniform and weighing the code and what we had been talking about in my mind, and I remember thinking in my mind "Yeah, well, if there are ghosts I'm glad they can't follow you home..." and of course right as the thought went through my mind, the lightswitch in my apartment somehow clicked itself off, leaving me in the dark. I had problems with the same light switch before, but the timing was uncanny.

I really don't have any haunted station storeis but I work at a very old country club as an assistant cook (my family has been members out there for 56 years). The place is haunted and everyone has their stories. Here is what I have heard:

Hanging frying pans which arrange themselves neatly on the floor only to be found by the manager the next morning.

A face in the window in the room where the safe is kept.

A small boy has been seen out of the corner of the eye on occassion.

Lights from the upstairs that mysteriously turn on at night once you are out to your car after the place closes for the evening.

Things that go bump, crash, ect. in the night up in the attic.

Splashing up at the pool at night.

The swinging bridge which swings when there is no one on it.

I have seen a blur while doing my prep work. I look up and I don't see anything. My hair is tied into a pony tail so I know it isn't a loose hair. I go back to my work and I see it again. If I tell it to go away, it does.

We have had some members pass away out there from heart attacks so I am inclined to believe it's their spirit who wants to stay in the clubhouse. They were all avid golfers and spent many a time out there playing golf and enjoying the clubs other amenities.

The only thing that came close to getting me spooked was when I worked at an old hospital a few years ago as an EMT and in the clinic. The clinic used to be the maternity ward. Whenever I went back into the suture room which used to be the old delivery room, I used to feel so cold and creeped out, like something sinister happened back there. I shudder to think what might have occured. The hair on the back of my neck would stand up and I would haul butt out of there. I refused to go back there unless someone was with me and they all felt the presence as well. The room was a yucky green color with a horrible looking operating table that looked like a lethal injection cot. Very old floor tiling and old cribs with the high bars were stored in there. Ugh, it creeps me out thinking about it.

Sorry so long.......

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.