Dustdevil in Iraq-with pictures!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

What the well dressed nurse is wearing on convoy these days...

c2c012e8b9.jpg

And, I notice my image host lost my Chuck Norris pic. Can't be having that!

936ddbce6d.jpg

I did not want to bring up the multiple radios, but since someone else did first...

I wonder if he has a pager or 2 stuffed somewhere on his gear, 6 pairs of trauma sheers, including in his boot, light bars on his hummer......

Combat zone whacker!!

Just kidding Dust, having a little fun at your expense!!

Sarge

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Damn... Sorry about all the red Xs. My image host has a nasty habit of losing all my pics. :?

Oh well, I'm out of that old clinic now anyhow. Here's the new one, beginning with a view from the front...

ceb0a4ec4c.jpg

The first thing you see when you come in the door...

9ccf97e6ce.jpg

The view from the desk...

c997bafd58.jpg

Four views of the trauma room, just to the right of the refrigerator...

8c9cb3f685.jpg

b5c6566c0d.jpg

f8b6a90ab0.jpg

b4e31447bd.jpg

That giant pill shaped thing on the wall is a water heater tank, but half my patients ask me if it is an x-ray machine, ha! I wish!

Here's two views of the examination room, just to the right of the trauma room, and to the right of me as I sit at my desk...

a9a948bfe9.jpg

6cc2ad6455.jpg

The building is actually quite large. It's an old, torn up, abandoned Iraqi army clinic that we were using as a warehouse and temporary laundry facility until now. All I have is that little 22x20 foot room, but the contractors did an awesome job of fixing it up the way I wanted it, maximising the use of space. I finally have the ability to wash my hands in between patients, which I'm sure they appreciate. :shock:

By the way, I didn't leave out the pics of the bathroom. There is no bathroom. If you look real close at the first picture, you can see the two Porta-John's behind the ambulance. But hey, I'm not complaining! This is still the nicest aid station in Iraq, without a doubt!

Just wondering, wouldn't that wood be an infection control nightmare?

Ha! Absolutely! But remember the pics of my last clinic? The walls and floors were bare plywood! Talk about a nightmare!

Things are better here though. What appears to be bare wood is actually coated with a clear epoxy seal that makes it smooth and non-porous. I wipe it all down every morning to get the night's dust off of it, and it is very smooth. We don't have any lacquer or polyurethane out here, so the carpenters experimented with a bunch of tile floor-sealant epoxy on wood, until they got it to work out just like polyurethane. Geniuses, I tell you! Beats the heck out of the linoleum flooring we were originally going to lay down on the counters! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.