Noloxone...should EMT-I's be able to administer?

Should EMT-I's be able to administer Narcan?  

63 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no, it's should be a paramedic drug only
    • undecided

So much anger and synicism.

It's spelled "cynicism." There is a spell-check feature here for your convenience.

If you believe that post had either anger or cynicism in it, you obviously do not understand the words. It had neither. Perhaps you meant "sarcasm?" I'll admit to that. :D

Just because your region does not advocate a particular skill doesn't mean our state has not done a good job of addressing our issues.

If your state is sending inadequately trained individuals without a sufficient medical education and foundation out to perform advanced medical interventions, that does indeed mean that they have done a horrible job of addressing your "issues." Poor educational standards is the issue.

I thought the point of this forum was to share information and seek/give advice, not to verbally attack someone whose perspective is different from yours.

WTF are you talking about? Who attacked you? :roll:

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's spelled "cynicism." There is a spell-check feature here for your convenience.

If you believe that post had either anger or cynicism in it, you obviously do not understand the words. It had neither. Perhaps you meant "sarcasm?" I'll admit to that. :D

If your state is sending inadequately trained individuals without a sufficient medical education and foundation out to perform advanced medical interventions, that does indeed mean that they have done a horrible job of addressing your "issues." Poor educational standards is the issue.

WTF are you talking about? Who attacked you? :roll:

1. I will use the spell check next time.

2. Our providers are not inadequately trained, and I am 99.9% sure you are not familiar with our EMS curriculum, state protocols, or anything else specifically related to our state's EMS system, nor am I familiar with your EMS system which is why I am in no position to judge it either.

3. What is wrong with discussing an issue without being sarcastic and putting people on the defensive? The only thing I got out of your post was that you disagree with my position and you think you could train anyone to perform an appi.

and that's MY two cents.

The only thing I got out of your post was that you disagree with my position and you think you could train anyone to perform an appi.

Correct and correct. And it was a totally valid analogy. If you disagree, defend it instead of crying and playing the victim with this absurd claim that you have been personally attacked. :roll:

I could write a curriculum that gave your basics "extensive training" on the performance of appendectomies in a week. In a week, we could teach any basic to perform an appy just as well most any surgical resident. After all, it's just a skill. Only a few small muscles and vessels involved. Anybody can learn it. And nothing usually goes wrong anyhow. If it does, they can just call for ALS intercept!

How about we do that?

That sounds like a great idea! I would love to not have to transport every abdo pain call. We could do in house surgery and It would probably take less time then the offload delay at the ER. Now that is using your resources efficiently!

We could do in house surgery and It would probably take less time then the offload delay at the ER.

LMAO! :D

So sad. So funny.

But so true! :shock:

Correct and correct. And it was a totally valid analogy. If you disagree, defend it instead of crying and playing the victim with this absurd claim that you have been personally attacked. :roll:

I suppose I am just used to having converstations with people that actully lead to something productive. But I guess it would be productive if you did develop that curriculum on field appendectomies. Why don't you share it with us when you have it finished? :roll: back at ya :roll:

Our Nalaxone curriculum and protocols have already been implemented.

Our Nalaxone curriculum and protocols have already been implemented.

And they suck.

Just my take, but I saw no personal attack, just questions on the scope of practice and training required for ALL PERSONNEL in your state/region. I thought the purpose of the "I" cert was to provide advanced airway and cardiac interventions at a more attainable level, not to have every drug in EMS available to them. Getting all the tools means getting the entire training and education package, not expanding protocols for lower certification levels.

I suppose I am just used to having converstations with people that actully lead to something productive.

Nahhh, it's more fun to sling insults at each other. :roll:

That is a pretty detailed protocol FireGirl911, scaramedic is impressed. Do not take anything here personal, you walked into the middle of a pretty heated debate.

13 pages so far, that's one page short of the record for EMS discussion. Go team! :wav:

Peace,

Marty

:thumbleft: