Guess we can run, but now we can't hide

Michael

After last night searching in a rural area for 20 minutes ............Heck, NO ! I don't find it creepy. I believe it should be mandated for each emergency vehicle have them.

It is a shame pizza delivery systems have better tracking and locating devices than EMS !

IF you are worried abut big brother, you need to wake up.. GPS is very minute in comparison.. you don't think they don't even monitor this forum, wihtyour IPS number and subscriber etc... ?...

R/r 911

the transfer service i run with uses GPS, along with traffic maps online, to pick the closest and quickest truck to respond to calls. This can be a good system...However, when the dispatchers get power crazy they will call you and ask you why you went to this block and stopped when you were supposed to be posted at this block (usually the hospital). Well... i wanted to stop for something to drink prior to sitting in the truck at the hospital waiting for a call. But if i HAD asked first prior to stopping, she may or may not have let me stop anyway; depending on her mood! Then you have them calling asking for your ETA... :? WHAT?! You don't know where I am?? How is that possible? And to think...who has a map of what lies ahead traffic wise? Certainly not me. So really I should be asking them what my ETA will be.

And the kicker, I was asked why i was turning onto a particular street, instead of going a different way. Both routes take about the same amount of time. My reply... :twisted: I'm drivin, your dispatchin; unless you can steer this thing from that console... ...and then there was silence the rest of the afternoon! :lol:

Yes GPS can be a valuable tool...but it can also create havoc.

We've had them for several years now along with a mobile mapping system. I don't see a downfall to having them, if anything it improves the system. It makes it a lot easier for your dispatch to keep an eye on you, and it's a lot harder to hide, but it works...

I pretty much figure that when I'm at work my civil liberties end. It's not my equipment, they have a right to keep track of it. I also get a kick out of thinking of the people who probably make more than I do sitting around a computer screen watching me do what I do during the day. They will be extremely bored. I'll log everytime I scratch my ass and submit it everyday faithfully if the really want me to.

We've had them for several years now along with a mobile mapping system. I don't see a downfall to having them...

Increased accident rate. Cops have been constantly crashing and dying because of driving while watching their MDT. I hope systems that put these things in their units have the sense to mount them visible only to the passenger seat. But I seriously doubt it. Certainly wouldn't put one in my units visible to the driver. I care more about my people than to do something that stupid.

I live in a small rural area and we dont use them.... dont really need them here cause everyone knows everyone and that is one of the benifits of living in a small town.

so I will see you guys around the corner from the barn at the oak tree in the feild....see I am my own GPS ........

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.