amusement parks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went an interviewed at 6 Flags America out side Washington, DC. yesterday. I took a six page test, after about three pages of grading the guy said he had seen enough. We talked a little bit, and I was told if I wanted it, I have a job. The only real issue for me....$8.50 an hour!! It would take about 2 or three hours just to cover fuel cost from and back.

I am also looking into some private ambulance companies. They only do transfers, etc. It is only going to be a weekend thing, but they offer a couple of bucks more an hour.

as someone who had the *privilege* of being employed at an amusement park as a rides operator, and whos EMS company staffs the First Aid room at that same park with an EMT while the park is open, I can tell you it's a lot of bandaids, some diabetic, some heat, and every so often you get something really good - i had a 19 y/o/m employee stop breathing on me (dehydrated, vagal'd when we moved him from the chair he had collapsed into over to the bed - a foot away) - that was loads of fun. also we have had children go into sz, usually from the heat and them not drinking enough. beestings and slideburn are our other common calls (we have a giant slide that if you hang on to it while you are going down you will get what we call slide burn - basically its a friction burn but it is incredibly painful). i also had applied to hersheypark at one time for their first aid room, which is in-house not contracted out, but did not get the job (something like 40ish applicants for 2-4 spots) and couldn't re-apply this year because of paramagic school. pay is not the best for an in-house operation but if your company staffs it you are paid your normal wages.

i would love to work at cedar point, good luck and have fun! ps try not to let the eye candy make you wreck your golf cart (unless they make you walk everywhere).....LOL

My station is literally right around the block from Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom in Allentown PA. Not only do you get the typical amusement park/outdoorsy injuries and illnesses, being 90 mins from Philly and NYC, not to mention down the street from Allentown, we get gang fights in the amusement park. Occasionally a stabbing too. Go figure.

• 1 month later...

Good times! It's going to be a great summer for you, bro!

No amusement parks for me this summer. Just a big farking sand box.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.