Why I quit attending my EMT-B course

Michael

You get CE credits for just taking the exam??? That's news to me.....

That is what I have always been told. I suppose it may well dependent upon the sponsoring facility to set it up as such. I got a CE cert for NR when I tested for medic.

hmmm have never heard of that being done... maybe you were just "special"... what am I saying of COURSE your special...

Seriously, I've never heard of it... probably a location by location thing.. I can't even fathom what you'd give someone credit for..... ah well.. something new learned today. I can check that off my list.

I THINK THAT THE NREMT IS A JOKE ONE OF MY CO WORKERS TOOK IT AND WENT TO A STATE THAT WANTED YOU TO HAVE IT THEY STILL WANTED HIM TO TAKE A 10 WEEK CLASS AND TAKE THERE STATE EXAM SO AS FAR AS I CAN SEE IT DOES NOTHING I HAVE HEARD OTHER STATES ARE THE SAME THEY WILL TAKE THE NREMT BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO TAKE THERE EXAX I THOUGHTTHE NREMT WAS SO YOU WOULD NOT HAVE TO TEST IN OTHER STATES YOU COULD GO TO WORK

:shock: Holy Crappies!!!

:pukeleft: I have profuse nausea,..... a giant urge to hurl. This gave me a headache...

Wow...

mr. dustdevil or whoever you are, may i be so kind as to give you a friendly piece of advice, i have always found that it's not good to be so quick to point out other peoples faults, because usually when you do you wind up making a big A$$ out yourself!!!! so what if my punctuation or spelling, thats not what my previous post was about , but hopefully wherever it is that you are from, will be able to teach you how to type out a sentence without putting words in it that dose not belong, because it really makes you look stupid!!!!!!!

yes why would you want to take the NR?

are they the only ones that know how to give a test? the answer to that would be NO.

what does testing prove anyway? that you are good test taker? or that you know whats in the books?

i have worked with medics that knew the books inside and out , but could not stick there finger up there butt when they had to go on a call, i had rather work with someone that has the street skills. than someone that has book knowledge, so to finish up here i may not have the best grammer or punctuation skills but i do know how to take care of my patient's :headbang: :pottytrain2:

Okay What the hell is street smart or street skills? Is that what the guys on highway maintenance use ? I have been a field medic for nearly 29 years and yet figured out this stupid expression. This is usually used by the guys that can't read above th 6'th grade level, and was promoted up from the "gopher" status. Should I inform the patients to seek other medical advice from the cardiologist because he "was not street smart" ?...

Being a good medic is one that can learn and be educated in emergency medicine from both books and clinical areas, and then can adapt and place that knowledge to be effective in the field setting. Sorry, one can learn "bad habits and still be dumber than a rock & follow protocols" thus being street smart. Should I use the purple box, yellow box analogy ?

If you are talking about being safe, knowing how to handle people, providing effective care in the field, you better know more than the street sense. Sorry, we provide medical care .. not street medicine. The days of John Wayne medicine died several years ago .. thank god !

Don't want to promote EMS as a profession so be it. Don't want to condone a National Standard test, or enforce education that would promote the EMT's or Paramedics with formal education so one can be licensed in any state, that is your choice. Might want to go back to the 70's... I heard they maybe re-making Mother Jugs & Speed !

R/R 911

I know that in Colorado the NREMT test is the only test. You then send the information into the state for the State Cert.

ems36--- Please remember that on the internet all caps is yelling.

grumpymedic4--- Improper punctuation or lack of punctuation makes it very hard to get the point across that you want. FYI, Dust is from Canada. Within the US, what is considered "extra" words varies from place to place, and it's no different for those in Canada.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.