Henderson Consulting - someplace not to work

This is an article I found regarding paramedics, Katrina and a bad consulting company. Read and be prepared to get mad.

http://www.emsresponder.com/article/articl...n=1&id=2913

What a mess! Those medics would have been better off staying home. Poor guys try to help and wind up getting the shaft! I agree Rid, a investigation and possible criminal charges are definitely warranted! :x

SPELL CHECKED, no errors rported 8)

so they get these 1099 forms saying they were paid, no payment was made, they guy admitted that he didn't pay em yet he has gotten 7.9 mill from FEMA. I'd say that he can be investigated for IRS Fraud at least.

This guy is a dirt bag if you ask me.

What a mess! Those medics would have been better off staying home. Poor guys try to help and wind up getting the shaft! I agree Rid, a investigation and possible criminal charges are definitely warranted! :x

SPELL CHECKED, no errors rported 8)

Try that spell check again, Jake.

-be safe.

For everyones knowledge, there is always two sides to the story. The first time I went to Louisiana for relief work, I worked for Henderson. I was also there at the same time as these OR guys were there. They are making themselves sound to be angels, however I can speak unbiasedly about them. I do not work for Henderson, have no desire to work for Henderson again...I have no ulterior motives. From the moment these guys arrived, they refused to be team players. They segregated themselves from the rest of the group, they refused to sleep with us and eat with us. They refused to be paired up with anyone else but another OR guy. They bad mouthed the system and continuously freelanced. They refused to follow orders and said they knew best. When the storm was hitting, they refused to evacuate Beaumont. They rode the storm out there and refused to leave with the rest of the group. Instead they holed up with the local FD and stayed there in their station. Mr.Henderson was angry cause everyone else had followed orders and these guys refused. They endangered themselves and the equipment. After the storm landed, they refused to check in and instead stayed in Beaumont. Numerous attempts were made to contact them with no success. As for communications, we were all issued Nextel sattelite phones that had no lapse in coverage during the storm. After almost 2 days, contact was made and they were informed to return immediately to Baton Rouge or they would be charged with stealing the ambulances. They eventually all piled into one ambulance and drove back. I was there when they arrived. Mr.Henderson promptly informed them their services were no longer needed and they got in their cars and left. These guys were problem children from the moment they set foot on the site. There was no room or need for their attitudes especially with what we were enduring. Now it sounds as if they are trying to make more trouble just because they screwed up. Please before you get all worked up over this ordeal, get all the facts. Anymore questions and I will be happy to answer as I worked in LA for 60 days, after Katrina and during Rita. As for the Shreveport guys, they were a great bunch of guys, very friendly. They left because they were only there for 4 days to start with. It was there off time from the FD. I can not say enough good things about them..Thats enough for now, if I remember anything else or yoou have questions, let me know...

I was promised pay and I recieved my pay. Those guys were there for the money too as that was a very hot item of discussion as you can well imagine. We were given 480/day. Henderson Consulting also paid for my airfare from Alaska, roundtrip so that I may be there and assist. I recieved all monies owed and I recieved my 10-99.

These guys are NOT altruistic heros despite whatever fluff they are telling the media. They were despised by many during this ordeal which is sad.