What do you get paid?

N.S. ACP

Currently I'm making $30.13 an hour and will max out at $32.39 next year until our next contract is negotiated later this year (average pay increases have been 3% per year). This doesn't include shift differential, OT (double time) or stat holidays (12 per year).

When you add pension, vacation and benefits the dollar value is ~ another $15-20 an hour.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the medics in this area are in the $10 - $12/hr range, which is pretty sad. These poor souls have to work 60 hour weeks to earn decent money at the end of the year. One local branch of a national company has medics making less than $10/hour, when another branch just 2 hours away is starting medics at$15.

Why do you suppose this is?? I know a lot of moonlighters/weekend warriors who work part time in EMS, and since they have better paying "day jobs", they are happy to come in for just a few hours a week and don't really care how much they make. This is screwing the folks who are trying to earn a living in EMS, because employers can find lots of people to work part time, and good business practices dictate that minimizing labor costs improve the bottom line.

For the record, my company does well by me - I have no complaints personally - but this appears to be the exception rather than the norm in the northeast.

I am working 55-60 hours per week for a private service in the Denver metro area and making only marginally more than kemt217 in Kansas. Although certainly at the very low end of the pay scale compared to the majority of posters in this thread I would never give up my location for the higher pay. :lol:

The amount of money some of our North East & Canadian brothers & sisters bring in makes me want to cry.

I'm at 21 years with my company & am even in management & I don't bring home $30.00 an hour, hell being salaried I don't get hourly so in fact if you add all of the time I have in the job I am at a lot less than that.

I'm not complaining cause I do get other perks, but good God some of the money being laid out on here is out of this world. How do your employers afford it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.