How about this...

Okay, as suspected, it was in the paper. Man buys ticket to 86th floor observation deck, gets off on the 66th floor, and jumps. 600 feet, straight down on to solid concrete. Wow. 34th person to do that since 1931, when the building opened.

I wonder what the last thing to go through his head....I'm guessing one of his femurs.... :D:)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few weeks ago, up in Seminole county a guy tried to kill himself by cutting his wrists. When that was unsuccessful, he went to an I-4 overpass and jumped onto the highway. It is estimated that he was hit by more than 20 various different vehicles. Some people didn't even know that they hit a human. FHP received calls from drivers throughout the day as people heard about it on the news and then went outside to check their cars/trucks. It was pretty gruesome. [/font:277c3df680]

To quote Mel Brooks,"If someone falls in a well and dies, that is comedy. If I stub my toe, that is a tragedy."

We deal with this garbage everyday, and we are supposed to suddenly feel sorry for someone who has decided to opt out because they don't like the hand they were dealt. Not going to happen.

I don't think suicide is anything to laugh about :)

I agree with you, suicide is not something to laugh about. A lot of what we see is not something to laugh about. However, we all deal with the stress of what we see and do differently. One major way is with humor. If this is the first you have seen or heard this type of humor, you haven't been in the field long enough. Give it 6 weeks you'll see. [/font:fb9c6c1d4b]

Yes, we talked about before.. it is called "black humor"... although, outside laymen might think it is inappropriate, it is actually healthy and a way for us to keep what sanity we have. Those that are brittle about this, shows that they have little exposure of things and very little experience. The same way when a graphic video is played and there are a few chuckles in the audience.. it is s self coping mechanism... or sometimes just damn funny.

Sorry, there are times you have to laugh at things to keep from crying.. and sometimes there are things that humans do are so strange and ironic, it is humorous in it's own way.

Be safe,

R/R 911

We all deal with things in our own way. There is no "right" or "wrong" way to deal with your feelings. Some find comfort in laughing. It doesn't mean we are an insensitive or bad person. It is a sort of sick humor, but if it works and helps you cope, then so be it. There are times that if I didn't laugh, I wouldn't be in a job anymore. This profession is not easy on any of us at times, but you have to cope, and whatever helps you do that is right, even if only for that person.

I won't go out of my way to make comments to hurt anyone's feelings, and would never do so intentionally. But, there is also the reality that people don't know what is in your mind, or what you are overly sensitive about, or what turns your life has taken. Most of the time, we have no idea what each other has been through. So, you can't hold it against them if something is said that rubs you the wrong way. It's happened to me on here...tough time for me...someone said something...brought back bad feelings... I had to get over it. That's life. :roll:

Meh...I cope with whatever way works for me. If it means to cry and then 5 minutes later to laugh my ass off....so be it. I wont judge others for how they deal....don't judge me.

xoxo 8

We had a guy attempt suicide at a rest area the other night, hit himself multiple times in the head with a ball peen hammer and stabbed himself in the chest with a meat thermometer. Guy scared the shit out of the duty crew b/c they got called to a definite 10-109D, well, the guy (head covered with big honker bloody clots) jumped up on his knees when they walked up :shock: core temp was 102 ,according to thermometer, that's funny, I don't care who you are..............

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.