Stryker PowerPro stretchers

emtx22001

We are currently looking into purchasing a new stretcher and the stretcher in interest is the Stryker PowerPro that lifts aytomatically. If anyone has any comments about this stretcher it would be greatly appreciated. If anyone is using them, please let me know how you like them.

Thanks

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As mentioned in the thread stryker vs ferno....

The stryker power pro has a 700 lb. weight limit. It is "suppose" to only be 20 lbs heavier than the standard x frame. From the all the way down position with a pt on board to the full up position it take about 6 seconds. When loading the cot into the truck the cot can sense that to foot end of the cot has been lifted and when you retract the under carriage it will raise in 2-3 seconds for loading.

Stryker has a full informational video on there product. Call them and they can send one to you, or they will come by with the real thing and show it.

We took delivery of our first 2 of 5 and they are great. Just wait to see the look on the nurses faces when you tell them they don't need to adjust their bed that you can now adjust yours....

I have heard various reports good & bad, be sure to not the under carriage holder is made of vinyl. In which I was told rips easily.

Be safe,

R/R 911

It is vinyl, we decided to not purchase the under carriage holder for the reason that in deep snow or mud the holder would be more of a hassle. The sales rep said they usually only sell the holders to transport services that hardly ever get off of hard surfaces.

• 1 month later...

10.gif

Information

We got this yesterday, when I got in today I went out to the truck and started playing with it. Pretty sweet if you ask me, and the crew who was getting off said they really loved it.

You can (in theory) load the patient with one person. Each battery will allow for 21 combinations of lift. The rear area slides into the frame of the cot (vs. folding down) and has two draw backs. One is that your LP12 will take up the entire area, and 2 is that a 02 bottle won't fit across ( you have to lay it at an angle). However it does have a hook on the head part of the cot that will allow you to "hang" your LP12 from it and the glove/equpiment pouches are on the back side (under the patients head) of the cot.

Another thing is that it can lift 700 lbs. It is a dream to work with, when you lower the wheels from the cot it goes down slow (even with no battery). The downsides to this is that it weighs more then a regular cot, and that you have to keep charged batteries otherwise you have to use it like a regular cot.

The thing weighs what? 120 pounds? Is the lift feature going to be offset by the back injuries of just trying to move the thing into and out of residences? I don't know. Just wondering out loud.

Nate and anyone else who works with this, how easy is it to maneuver once it's out of the truck? Into and out of a residence?

It the extra weight worth not having to lift anymore?

Just curious. That's all.

-be safe.

I know this might sound odd, but the extra weight helps stabilize the cot. Think back and remember how easy the regular MX can tip over, the extra weight is mainly in the middle of the cot and at the front (foot end) which helps even out the load. We haven't found it that hard to move around and the other crews havn't made any comments about it being a PITA.

The cot does break down shorter since the rear tray slides in and isn't as long. It also has helped us because if you've ever lowerd the cot and then tried to break the rear down you've noticed how it can be hard to turn, roll, as well as the lowest position the cot can be in when the tray is down. This problem is gone, which makes "bed side" loading a lot easier.

Also, the cot isn't hard to move in and out of the apartment or house. It is just a lot less awakward since the weight is more even. Also I believe this one weighs less then the "big boy" version. I know that you can't avoid back injuries, but this really is nice when you can lift/lower a patient that is 300 lbs. and not have to worry about your back. I think that in the long run the cost will be worth it since it will be just that many less times a medic has to lift a patient.

Also, has anyone noticed that all of the new cots are switching from metal handles to plastic handles?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.