Stryker PowerPro stretchers

emtx22001

We have been (or were) trialing some of the Ferno power stretchers. I have to agree with Dust about the fact that you end up with a lot more "lifting" than you would expect even in urban jungle. - way to many obstacles - ie:curbs. I wrote "(or were)" because all the ones that we have have now been pulled off car due to poor battery life, injuries/strains associated with the increased weight and awkwardness of how you have to change the battery. 20-25 lbs at an odd angle while you are extended forward causes significant strain on the lower back.

They are an excellent idea for transfer services where you rarely see the outdoors.

They have potential if they are re-engineered with improved battery life, much improved ergonomics and lighter frame (I dunno, maybe carbon fibre or titanium) if they could get the weight down to around 80lbs and make the "handles" less awkward to use (yes they adjust, but are still incredibly awkward) I would definately use one (again)

but until then.....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

We are evaluating the Powerpro and I was wondering if anyone has heard about the recall? I found a recall notice at http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/enforce/2006/ENF00971.html that says there's a problem with the head frame and wanted to know if anyone can explain what the problem is and how it gets fixed? I couldn't find anything on the Stryker web site.

Our owner is very big on preventing injuries because he feels that if give your employees the equipment they need, the equipment that will make the job easier, the equipment they want, then you'll have a safer, healthier, happier, and more efficient medic.

Hmmm... That's a lesson my boss missed...

:evil:

Little question: The upper Part of the stretcher is still the normal one, known from the MX Version?

cya,

Phil

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.