oxygen

kev32888

Now that's what I call a run-on sentence!

Golly Gee, Monkey Pee!

The United States Pharmacopoeia states that Oxygen is a drug, because it has body-altering affects.

2LPM is equal to 28% Oxygen; The earths atmosphere is made up of 27% Oxygen.

15LPM is equal to 80% Oxygen.

You only get 100% on a demand valve, or a positive pressure device like a CPAP mask.

Typically, you should not ask someone who is not in EMS, an opinion on your protocols. I bet that 90% of hospital workers, in their nice little controlled environment, know very little about pre-hospital care.

No matter what anyone says to you...

OXYGEN IS A DRUG!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok in the pre hospitable setting I give you that , I'm a person who questions everything . Sorry I have been like that for has long has I remember. I also like to find every thing about anything. One reason I have a T1 line I also don't like to wait for information

again sorry for rambling on Kevin

Ok in the pre hospitable setting I give you that , I'm a person who questions everything . Sorry I have been like that for has long has I remember. I also like to find every thing about anything. One reason I have a T1 line I also don't like to wait for information

again sorry for rambling on Kevin

:?: :roll:

I'm not exactly sure I'm following you... What exactly are you asking, looking for, because I really have no clue what you are trying to say. Do you know what info you are looking for?

Hmmm...I like the comment about us all being addicts - that is wicked funny. Have you all heard about Oxygen Bars? I saw one when I was in Albuquerque. Evidently people are hooked up to nasal cannulas in these places. The O2 comes from a generator, not a tank.

But I digress. I believe, Kevin, that you may be an overachiever and the answer you are looking for is right in your textbook, as many have pointed out. Your wife, in the Peds unit, may hook a child up to O2 but would she write it in the chart as being administered as a drug? Nope. However, we in the prehospital setting are required to.

P.S. Love is a drug too :wink:

Around here the O2 bars hire EMTs so that they can legally give O2.

You only get 100% on a demand valve, or a positive pressure device like a CPAP mask.

I think you can get 100% with a BVM + reservoir @ 15LPM with a good seal.

usafmedic45?

So are the O2 Bars mainly located in place of high altitude? I was actually put on O2 in NM for a severe headache and it seemed to help. I wonder if you can (seriously) become addicted to it?

Yes.

I'm sure one can become psychologically addicted to O2.

When I lived in Frasier Co, there was an O2 bar at the ski park, I tried it once andI felt like I could breathe so much better when I got done. I started showing up about once a week for a little O2 "therapy". But then sadly I moved here to Arkie in11th grade. :cry: No more O2 bars. I hope they put one on Mt. Magazine when they get done building the new lodge, I'd go every week again. It seems like I breathe better when I've had my weekly dose......

-Dixie

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.