PEPP vs PALS??

Rezq304

Actually, both are owned & operated from the same organizations. As an instructor of both, PEPP is more geared at material PALS might not have covered such as trauma, medical emergencies, again where PALS does not get involved in. Not that one is better than the other, they actually should compliment each other, and I believe should be taught concurrently, so a person can receive credit for both.

Be safe,

R/R 911

Not that one is better than the other, they actually should compliment each other, and I believe should be taught concurrently, so a person can receive credit for both.

We teach them just as you suggest Rid. :)

The material for PEPP is used as a lead in to the PALS. Since we started doing it this way, the only real complaint that I've heard is that the prehospital folks get two cards and the hospital only one. Of course, these complaints are coming from the same nurses and doctors that do not want to have anything to do with the immobilization station.

Sometimes, I am glad that I don't work in a hospital anymore than I do :shock:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.