IS ANY ONE ELSE OUT THERE CALLED AN AMBULANCE DRIVER

ffemt819

'play ambulance driver'.

Well, if you hand deliver my christmas card I would be most pleased, just tap me on the shoulder.... :santa:

Seriously folks, if the RNs that I know called me an Ambulance Driver, it would make my day. :lol:

If you heard what the other things they call Me! :bootyshake: :oops: :twisted:

I have even heard RN call me that and I correct them I am a medically trained paramedic but still i am called an ambulance driver

How do you think I feel? I'm a degreed RN and I still get called an EMT!

The only person I ever gave grief to calling me an EMT was my sister, and that was mild. I really don't mind being called an EMT, after all, I am an EMT-P. Despite having the words "paramedic" in very large letters in several places on my uniform, I still get called "officer" more times than I can count. People who call you ambulance driver obviously don't get out much. Don't let them bother you. A good retort to nurses is to call them "candy strippers".

Where I work (in NYC) the newspapers still don't get it right as to who is an EMT and who is a Paramedic DESPITE those BIG shiney letters all over our uniforms. That is why half the time the newspaper will show a picture of one of us and incorrectly title us....so you think we are going to get the ambulance driver thing right any time soon?!!!! Let's not hold our collective breath here!

From the way I read the posts here, a RN seems to have more creedence than a paramedic.

It seems to be a RN puts you 'higher up the food chain"

come to Australia (Sydney or NSW), you still might get called a driver occasionally, but you are treated as an equal with the RN and Nurses and at times with the doctors.

to quote a director of the ER at one of our trauma centres, he told a resident doctor "listen to the ambos they know what they are talking about and you might learn something"

so being called a driver, yes at times gets to me, but I KNOW what I am and what I can do and how good I am (FIGJAM)

so I dont let it get to me...people still appriecate it when I help whether I am a driver or not...........

stay safe

From the way I read the posts here, a RN seems to have more creedence than a paramedic.

come to Australia (Sydney or NSW), you still might get called a driver occasionally, but you are treated as an equal with the RN and Nurses and at times with the doctors.

to quote a director of the ER at one of our trauma centres, he told a resident doctor "listen to the ambos they know what they are talking about and you might learn something"

so being called a driver, yes at times gets to me, but I KNOW what I am and what I can do and how good I am (FIGJAM)

so I dont let it get to me...people still appriecate it when I help whether I am a driver or not...........

stay safe

Greetings to OZ....

Question do the *ambos*, (I like that one) recieve equal pay as those higher up the chain?

Also does the Media there down under use the same wording as we hear every day: The Ambulance Drivers rushed the serious (but stable) Patient to the Hospital! hmmmmm. :?:

Asysinin2leads:

Mind if I plagerise "Candy Strippers" I like it :lol:

squint

for your information

a RN here is at least 3 yrs uni degree

when they join the service they get to start on 3rd year pay so it is only the first 3 years that they get higher pay. all officers max out at 10 yrs.

however allowances do add to that and if you go into the 'management' rank your pay goes up as well

not too many nurses or rn get anywhere near what i earned last year....over 95K

my station officer (equivilent to a Lt.) got 105K last year

ambos coes from the term Ambulance Officer...as per aussie way of doing thing by shortening... to AMBOS

the media dont really call us drivers very often,...... everyone seems to be called Paramedic in our papers, by they paramedics,EMT- B, EMT- I or what ever.....

stay safe

Professionally and economically it does, that's for sure. But I don't put a 2-year degree RN any higher up on the professional scrotum pole than I do a 2-year degree Paramedic.

An EMT on the other hand is nada. Just a couple months of part-time night school. Probably not even equal to your first responder there. Certainly not a professional.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.