EMS Infidelity

andrean678

Have you had an affair with a partner?  

48 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Not with a partner, but another co worker.....

So, what is it? Why is it that EMS has high instance of infidelity? Is it boredom? Long hours alone with your partner? It seems like everyone in EMS is having sex. :3some: Every company seems to have that girl and that guy that sleeps with everyone in sight. :roll: So I was just curious if people had their ideas on why people go :downtown: when at the station.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its the type of person that goes into EMS in the first place. The adventure type, the person who walks on the edge, pushes it to the limit.

Think about what u do and see. Death, gore etc. The normal (if there is such a thing) person could not handle what we see or do. Thats why u see alot of EMS, Fire, Cops, that are into skydiving, X sports, and yes sex, etc. Deep inside you are saying "I can't happen to me".

That my opinion so, take it or leave it.

Chet

I met, and started dating a colleague from my VAC at the end of 1988. We're still together, but not married.

Please don't start with the comments about us getting married, thank you very much, we both get THAT in the extreme from our colleagues, me in FDNY EMS, her in NYC Department of Education!

It's only natural to be attracted to people.. and in jobs like EMS, Law Enforcement and Firefighting where you sometimes spend more time with your partner than your husband/wife, it can be very tempting. Just have to ask yourself the question, is it really worth it?

I think its the type of person that goes into EMS in the first place. The adventure type, the person who walks on the edge, pushes it to the limit.

Chet's right about that. Doesn't happen as much in the fire service, simply because there are not many females and there are always other people in the station with you, lol. I can assure you from experience that it happens a LOT in the police service. Those guys are shagging each others wives.

Closest I have come is dating other nurses working in the same ER as me. Not quite the same thing though.

I think it happens in all lines of work, not just the adrenaline types...teachers, accountants, grocery clerks. I think one of the reasons people notice is because a lot of the adrenaline junkies brag...we have a lot of down time and it eventually comes up in conversation. Also, police, EMS, firefighters, teachers, nurses, doctors, etc are held to a higher standard than the accountants and grocery clerks. People seems to think that because I have a sparkly gold patch on my shoulder and I carry a radio that I shouldn't do things like that or that I need to carry old ladies groceries or let men in suits ahead of me in the fast food line. It is amazing what people expect from those of us in the public eye.

Its is wrong or right? Not for me to judge anyone else...I do often wonder why so many of us do it. Is it the risk? It is the adventure? Is it because we start to have those sort of feelings for people we spend so much time with? Or are so many of us so starved for physical contact that we will take it where ever we can get it?

well....seeing how my partner is another female...no. (go ahead, make your comments now, lol)

however there have been PD and FF in the station at night. I heard once Police officers have the highest divorce rate of all occupations

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.