Preterm Childbirth Redefined.

Arctickat

I think it's interesting. I'm seeing some striking similarities between the content, structure and presentation in some of the posts within this thread that are consistent with that of a former poster who made an appearance under at least two other user names.

I find it more interesting that our new colleague started posting after AK left.

Scuba and ERDoc have both made valid points especially where it concerns the question surrounding the OP having already been pretty thoroughly answered in the subsequent discussion and professionalism demonstrated throughout.

Other than that, I've got no dog in this fight. Just thought I'd think out loud for a moment.

You know, this occurs to me... there's so much research out about trying to change the culture of education in medicine. Just because folks get chewed on and folks think because they got chewed on as a student/intern/resident they're cool to dish the same at the next generation doesn't mean it's OK.

It is not professional.

It is not productive.

It is not to be encouraged or accepted.

Regardless of which level of provider is addressing another level, I might add. If I do something stupid, I fully expect my savvy CNA to call me on it, but with respect, as I would treat them with respect in the same situation.

I know some doctors will behave unprofessionally towards colleagues or students; we don't tolerate it at my place of employment. The one diva MD we do have usually only does it when they're sleep deprived, and they come in the following morning bearing lots of apology and humility. It should go without saying that we don't tolerate it from any other level of provider, either.

Nobody's trying to hang a nurse out to dry without understanding the whole situation; given the limited information and the fact that we're analyzing it from the outside, we are identifying things which we pretty much all agree on as unprofessional. That's what we do here on this forum. We seek input and discuss issues to become better providers. we identify that which is acceptable and that which is not in order to promote professional practice.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

RN-ADN

I think it's more than just likely that it's ventmedic again. It's been making a resurgence on the same EMS forum's that it usually trolled with the same posting style, same persona, and same ability to read something that wasn't written, or even something that wasn't in any way close to what was written.

I think it's more than just likely that it's ventmedic again. It's been making a resurgence on the same EMS forum's that it usually trolled with the same posting style, same persona, and same ability to read something that wasn't written, or even something that wasn't in any way close to what was written.

I can remember my last interaction with Vent, my butt still hasn't healed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.