level of registration

nsmedic393

What is your current level of registration?  

65 members have voted

1. 1.

• EMR/MFR
    • EMT-B
    • EMT-I
    • EMT-CC
    • EMT-P
    • PCP(primary care paramedic)
    • ICP(intermediate care paramedic)
    • ACP(advanced care paramedic)

When I become a doctor I plan on bringing EMS locally up to speed. There are a lot of ideas that I have that I'd like to test. Personally, I would like to do a lot of research on the ambulances as far as pre-hospital care and the use of some drugs to speed up the time spent in the ER.

I know I'll meet a lot of people along the way that won't be happy with my ideas, but that is anywhere. I'm looking to do for EMS what out patient day surgery did for the hospital business. There are a lot of things that I believe paramedics are capable off. If I can't get others to follow; I'll just lead the most advanced service in the US and set the bar higher.

First thing, I believe that three man ambulances will be what it takes to put most of my ideas into place and have them work well.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'll meet a lot of people along the way that won't be happy with my ideas, but that is anywhere. I'm looking to do for EMS what out patient day surgery did for the hospital business. There are a lot of things that I believe paramedics are capable off. If I can't get others to follow; I'll just lead the most advanced service in the US and set the bar higher.

Are you going to pay them out of your pocket? :lol:

Good luck getting any political subdivision to fund your dream service.

Doctors Bledsoe and Salomone have been fighting the fight you are talking about for over a decade each, yet the great majority of people in the field have no idea who they are. Both are physicians and former paramedics and outspoken proponents of advanced education in EMS. But all the initials after their names don't make politicians any more willing to spend money on things they have always gotten free or cheaply. As long as there are wankers and firemen whose only goal in EMS is to practice the most skills with the least education, the general public will continue to believe that EMS is just fine the way it is, and will accuse you and I and every MD out there of simply trying to get rich at their expense when we try to raise the bar.

How are you going to pay for the three person rigs as well as staff them???

Your goals are lofty and I applaud you for them.

I'd get a little experience as a physician before you start to change EMS in your area because you will need to get a good reputation to make changes you are postulating. Not many people in ems will take you seriously when you are fresh out of medical school.

What I believe is wrong with EMS and what I want to change about EMS are things that a lot of people aren't going to be happy with. In fact, the only people that are going to like this are those whom are willing to put the time and effort into it and take pride in what they do.

Three man trucks, that isn't a big deal. There are a lot of services down here in Houston that run BLS/ALS/MICU trucks and still use a Squad with another paramedic on it to help out when needed since not every call would warrant a three man crew.

• 1 month later...

there is way to many types of certification levels out there. But i do have a question I have heard that there is a law WAC or RCW here in Washington that you had to be an first responder ( in dire situations) or an EMT-b to be in an ambulance has any one else heared this before

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.