Disbled needs info : What do I do when the EMS brutalizes my Mom

mikecnj

Yeah, usually these types of posts from the OP when they don't get the response that they are looking for, often pushes them to go to greener and more receptive pastures EG other EMS websites that won't be named.

If the OP deems it appropriate to return, let's hope there's more information forthcoming.

No it wasn't meant to be a bad thing but I wasn't referring to any specific site,per se, but some sites that may not be EMS related might give the OP some great support and stroke their ego and get them all riled up and ready to sue or whatever.

I'm sure that the OP could find some other sites that would be very very receptive to her/his plight and just ply him/her with "Sympathy" and yes the other EMS site was sort of on my mind but only because in my past experience with that site (long long time ago) that poster would have been welcomed into the fold. Maybe I need to look at that site again.

But that poster will be able to find some sympathetic site (and trust me they will) that will gobble their complaint up and tell them all sorts of things to do, all of which have nothing to do with the "Right" thing to do but the wrong thing.

I for one think that there was MUCH MUCH more to the OP's original story that was conveniently left out.

Edited by Captain ToHellWithItAll

I've seen some pretty pathetic malpractice sites (with forums) that say to sue everyone. I'm sure the OP would love one of those. I agree that there is a lot more to the story than the OP is letting on. How many time are they calling that they know exactly who is on the crew? Why does having Parkinsons require you to call 911? There is so much left out.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, all bashing aside, the OP could have serious concerns. However, to explain to the OP when he or she received this response from us EMSer's.. It's likely, IMO, because if I had a problem with how local EMS was treating me, or a family member, I wouldn't go to a random EMS forum for advice. If you go to a governing body, and get no results; try a state level. If they're paid, then it won't be their First Aid Council; and likely if it's volunteer, it won't be either. Call the state EMS office, if that fails, contact the local media. Media loves to tear us a new one.

Except that, sometimes a new one needs to be torn. I guess going further, is there a reason that they have a problem with JUST you?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.