vol. member incentives

twig

Hi , new to this site .

Im VP to a total vol ambulance dept. problem: keeping members / attracting new members ..... seems the new generation wants wants wants in order to give to the community...... so that being said i would like input on points incentives aka cash/product payout for running calls ..... we allready provide full uniform , pants , shirt , all weather jacket ..... all paid training " we are EMT - B " dept. also we are in New York State ..... any help , direction , info would help

Which part of NY are you from? The state has a LOSAP program. Suffolk County offers free tuition to VAC members. So just getting an errection getting to play with the lights and sirens isn't good enough for the young ones anymore?

Pay is a good incentive. =)

Failing that, you could always pay for them to go to paramedic/nursing school so they could get paid for providing medical care. Although... That may be counter-productive...

Don't know, man. I know I wouldn't devote a great deal of my time to this job if not for the pay. At least, not at the expense of other obligations that either put a roof over my head or keep me close to my loved ones.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.