I'm published, AGAIN. How about you?

Richard B the EMT

If anyone should look at the National Safety Council's publication, "Safety + Health", September 2012 edition, I have a letter to the editor published. This is the second time I've been published in that magazine.

I've previously been published in "JEMS" (Journal of the Emergency Medical Services), "Popular Communications", "Monitoring Times", and "National Communications" (radio hobbyist magazines), the "Newsday" newspaper, and, back in 1974, the "Long Island Press". I've also appeard in both the "Dear Abby" and "Anne Landers" columns, related to my being an Emergency Medical Technician.

Aside from Dr Bledsoe (obvious DUH, he writes for JEMS, as well as creating EMS textbooks), anyone else here had a letter to the editor, or had an article published?

Wow, the Long Island Press brings back memories, loved that paper! Had a couple of small things published but not EMS related. L.I.P was better than the rag they have on long Island now (Newsday).

Just my own opinion regarding Newsday.

Well Richard, I was the editor in chief for a very short lived online EMS Magazine, and also has a scene safety article published in the magazine.

I have a number of short stories ready for publishing as well as one novellette ready for publishing.

I'm on chapter 39 of a novel (page 290) which I don't think will ever get done at the rate I'm going.

So yes, I'm published. Yay me?!!!

No, but if you ever find your way to Beloit, KS and go to the Mitchell County EMS station there in town, you'll find a star of life painted on the wall in the training room by yours truly. =)

Alas, the closest thing I have to being published is all the nonsense my big mouth has let loose across the internet.

Edited by Bieber
  • Like 1

I had a case study published in a short lived EMS magazine and I am a contributing author for the AMLS instructors package. Currently working on an airway study and will hopefully publish next year,

Edited by chbare

I doodled on the wall as a child, in later years I sent a few letters to the Penthouse Forum. Now I'm just back to doodling on the wall. I have a few letters to the editor in our local paper and an occasional classified ad.

do letters to the editor reall count as being published?

artic.....lol , all the classified i have done, well then i must be on a best seller list...........