Theme of EMS Week is "More than a job. A calling"

It's like those license plate covers North City Insurance gives away "Paramedics Save Lives"; it's a heck of a lot catchier than "Paramedics Provide Competent Professional Medical Care and Improve Clinical Outcomes Within a Certain Subset of Patients."

I really like "Paramedics Provide Competent Professional Medical Care and Improve Clinical Outcomes Within a Certain Subset of Patients." Maybe if we took the more difficult but less catchy road the general public would slowly develop a more realistic expectation of what a "paramedic" does. As in "we do more than drive, but no we don't perform open heart surgery in the back of the ambulance." At the very least we need to do that with other health professionals.

How many nurses have you dealt with who haven't a clue what you can and can't do (particularly within the canadian system)? How many doctors with the same issue (medical directors excluded)? See what I'm getting at? Show the public what we can do now then show them what we could do in the future with the right continuing education (Emergency Care Practitioners, community paramedicine, whatever you want to call it).

Trev mate, if we're playing that game I am a Redneck republican christian conservative who drives a large pick up truck with confederate flag in the back windown, gun in the glove compartment, dixie chicks, sugarland, shania twain, garth brooks and toby keith CD's in the console, triple bacon cheeseburger wrappers spread everywhere, a bible on the passenger seat and the radio tuned to redneck talkback radio that continuously hates on obama trapped in a pale Kiwi's body

Oh and I have a jump kit, a star of life and a big ass air horn on said truck cos this is EMS week god damn it! :D

I am from New York, but I love the description of the truck you ride in!!!!! And I always thought you were from the "land down under " :whistle:

I am, but I have lived in Texas, Nevada, Arizona and the Great Nation of Indiana (which must never be spoken of badly)

Oh and I forgot to mention I have a NASCAR hat somewhere on the floor and tickets to the Indy 500 in the sun visor

Edited by Kiwiology

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.