TLC Shows

Nate

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on all the medical shows that are recreated i hate to see them do CPR as a CPR instructor i want to go smack the stuffings out of all those actors, and make them do it right. My sons think I am crazy when I watch those shows cause I am constantly picking out the flaws and they remind me that it is only a TV show and it isn't real.... kids gotta love them :!:

The reality of it is ... that the public sees it as education... if you do it on tv people/ lay persons will start doing it in real life.

If the potential for people to do it in real life is there ... then it should be done right on TV ... and not in sections where they switch frames and the public misses them checking for a pulse for 10 sec ...

"Ambulance girl"(Lifetime movie) was pretty good.

The reality of it is ... that the public sees it as education... if you do it on tv people/ lay persons will start doing it in real life.

If the potential for people to do it in real life is there ... then it should be done right on TV ... and not in sections where they switch frames and the public misses them checking for a pulse for 10 sec ...

"Ambulance girl"(Lifetime movie) was pretty good.

Yeah, I've seen a few people try to do CPR, but they didn't know where to compress the chest...so they just did it where ever. Sometimes they were right, sometimes they were wrong. I think that we should make CPR part of your drivers licnese test...and every four years you have to take it again.

Its great we are putting AED's every where, but what good is it if people don't know how to compress the chest when it says start CPR.

I think that we should make CPR part of your drivers licnese test...and every four years you have to take it again.

Isn't BCLS required for high school graduation in Texas? I could be wrong. I just know that I have taught a LOT of HS CPR classes that the teachers said was "required."

I like the DL idea. After all, modern EMS' roots are in the DOT-NHTSA. You'd think that they might take some interest in pushing something like that through to the states.

At the very least, CPR should be an option to get deferred adjudication on a traffic ticket. "Defensive Driving" has become such a worthless joke. A lot of people would choose CPR over DD.

Someone suggested CPR training as mandatory to renew their drivers licenses, for the general public?

Would that would mean anybody, due to preexisting medical problems, who is unable to get down on the floor to do CPR, couldn't get a license renewal?

Wow. I can hear the feeding frenzy from the lawyers following the Americans with Disabilities Act, suing up a storm!

If someone has a better idea for having a larger number of James Q. and Jane Q. Public take CPR training, please post it.

Would that would mean anybody, due to preexisting medical problems, who is unable to get down on the floor to do CPR, couldn't get a license renewal?

All such laws have special circumstance waivers written into them. No big deal.

Any significant increase in public CPR education benefits not only society at large, but us in particular. Somebody has got to teach all those classes! I know some medics making a pretty good living teaching CPR and other safety-oriented classes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.