Well, he saved the Beer!

Arctickat

I honestly couldn't believe my eyes, but I shouldn't have been surprised either.

I was called out to standby at a structure fire yesterday and was stunned when my dash cam captured the following images. My apologies for the quality of the photos, the video tells a slightly better informed story. The GPS location has been deleted to protect the moronic.

In this image we have our local fire chief who responded to the fire about 30 minutes later with a tanker truck. As his truck is off-loading to the pumper truck he leaves it unattended to speak with some firefighters in front of the house. Wearing only turnout gear, he strolls into the house.

post-21792-0-96192700-1334417342_thumb.p

28 seconds later he emerges from the house carrying a something under his arm. Lo and behold, it's a six pack of beer!!!!

post-21792-0-52067200-1334417546_thumb.p

He passes the beer around to his crew and returns to his post on the tanker truck to monitor the off-load sipping his beer. Slightly over 2 minutes later the flames can be seen coming out the door he just came out of.

post-21792-0-82469200-1334417555_thumb.p

I love my keystone fire department, they're soooo good for a laugh.

Volunteers wonder why they don't get the respect they deserve. It's yahoos like this one who ruin the reputation for the vollies who actually take their public trust seriously. Unfortunately, there is no organisation that can take this fire dept. to take with the exception of municipal govt. Anyone wanna take a guess who the Mayor of my fine town is?

My thoughts are that the homeowner didn't pay his yearly dues thus his house didn't qualify for savin. But I'll bet the chief is also the mayor?

Maybe if you sent those photos to your local news agency??? Or maybe even the national news.

Trust me, if the video quality had been good enough to identify him and what he's carrying, you'd likely be watching this on TV now. Unfortunately there is nothing there that I would consider useful. I have considered quietly going to him and telling him I have the video, then demand he resign rather than have it become public, but I know he's call my bluff....ah well.

Edited by Arctickat

I just got more info on this...the discussion he had with the fire fighters before he walked into the house went something like this.

Chief: "Why isn't anyone attacking the fire through here?"

FF: "The floor is rotten and soft, we were afraid we'd fall through it."

Chief: "Fair Enough."....Walks into house

Chief exits the house.

Deputy Chief: "What did you go in there for?"

Chief: "No one checked the fridge!"

Word has somehow gotten out regarding his antics...some people think it was quite an assholish move for him to risk himself and the Fire Fighters who would have to rescue him if he'd fallen through the floor.

I hope he was reprimanded, it does make EMS look bad. More important I hope he learned something from this. JMHO

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.