The Kiwi-ERDoc love fest continues

ERDoc

I used the 5th edition Brady book for my first responder (CFR for you Rich) and EMT classes. Any ever use the Henry and Stapleton books in the late 90s, early 2000s?

What color are the book covers? I might have used them while in Municipal employ.

The poor reputation of the AAOS (Nancy Caroline) book is because apparently it's full of lots of errors and contradictions

Locally the Brady PHEC book was used for the old Certificate but when the Diploma was introduced for Technicians a custom course book was written because it was felt the American books were not appropriate - and I don't think they are to be honest for our local requirements

While I have the Paramedic texts and resources I do not use them for my research and tutor work and rely on established medical texts such as Guyton and Hall, Harrison, Rosen, Beck and Williams, Miller, BMJ, NEJM etc

I'd rather teach somebody cardiology from a cardiology book or physiology from a physiology book than the little excerpt covered in the ambo book; not that I should probably be teaching anybody ANYTHING because I'm a dumbshit; oxidative phosphorowhat? bloody devil talk!

I was previously part of a consortium looking at publishing an Intensive Care Paramedic level resource for New Zealand however it is my strong view that we should not fall into the American trap of a level specific ambo textbook as such a resource will invariably become quickly outdated (the problem with most texts I suppose) and probably not cover material in sufficient depth; instead we should draw upon the expert material available in other resources; the Intensive Care Officer course mainly focuses on more advanced understanding of cardiac, trauma and respiratory pathology so there are plenty of resources to draw upon than some made up ambo book

And just the training required to look fucking awesome sporting your hip pouch of ketamine and vecuronium requires a monstrous tomb in itself :D

Edited by Kiwiology

And just the training required to look fucking awesome sporting your hip pouch of ketamine and vecuronium requires a monstrous tomb tome in itself :D

You were doing a spectacular job piecing together a coherent post, right up until the third word from the end. :)

I just realized something: I said the Murray "Yellow book". Should have indicated "Brady" published what "Murray" wrote, so possibly I may use either name interchangeably.

Also, Dr. Caroline's book is ALS. While I, as a BLS provider, have seen the book, it was always in possession of an EMT-P. I never had chance to open it and read.

Hey Ruff, I just wanted to update you. I passed that Hooters on 28th today, and it has apparently shut down.

Those poor strippers waitresses

Damn you Emergentologist I have a blinding headache, I've already taken 2g of paracetamol with my breakfast, now where in the bloody hell are my benzos so I can get wasted on valiums and not face stupid, soul crushing bastard reality?

Edited by Kiwiology