What do you think was wrong with this patient

Inthecity

The ambulance driver was the one who told me I had a fever...

Feel free to use any of the following

Emergency Medical Technician

Paramedic

Intensive Care Paramedic

State Registered Paramedic

Emergency Care Assistant

Primary Care Paramedic

Emergency Care Practitioner

Advanced Care Paramedic

Ambulance Technician

Emergency Care Support Worker

Emergency Care Technician

Emergency Medical Technologist - Paramedic

Ambulance Officer

Intermediate Care Officer

Emergency Medical Care Attendant

Advanced Care Officer

Ambulance Assistant

Advanced Emergency Medical Care Attendant

Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic

...but not Ambulance Driver! :D

Thanks!

• Like 1

... And I NEVER said I went from no fever to 104.5 in 10 minutes...

My apologies. I got some of the facts confused in my head. It wasn't my intention to misrepresent your comments.

Dwayne

Sorry!! Yes Ambulance driver probably sounds very childish and I will not use that word again. But I did have a good laugh realizing how stupid I sound saying that!!

Dwayne the not being able to breathe was definitely not psychological. I know that for a fact. I asked about that later and the doctor told me when your heart is beating so fast as mine was at 225 it makes your heart inefficient at pumping blood. Therefore it makes it hard to breathe when you are not getting adequate amounts of oxygen from an inefficient heart. Sorry if I sound rude... its just the paramedics initially assumed the same thing, that it was a panic attack until they took my temp and heart rate as well as bp. But definitely not in my head!

I know that for a fact. I asked about that later and the doctor told me when your heart is beating so fast as mine was at 225 it makes your heart inefficient at pumping blood. Therefore it makes it hard to breathe when you are not getting adequate amounts of oxygen from an inefficient heart.

If your blood pressure was 170/100 your heart was pumping blood just fine.

Increased respiratory rate would be expected in this case, but not 30. I am sure there was a fear factor playing a role here.

• Like 1

I am looking at the medical records and the CBC shows high white blood cells, low red blood cells, low hemo globin, low hemocrit, low platelets, respitory "dyspnea". I have no idea what the next things mean : Lymph % auto is critical, Mono% Auto is critical, and Lymph Abs is low. Can anyone explain this? I have not a clue on the last couple things. Glucose is high, Calcium and Potassium are critical, high glucose, low carbon dioxide, low albumin. CBC abnormal with pancytopenia and d dimer is elevated at 4132. So paramedics would not even have access to this info anyway since most of it is from blood work but does anyone know what this all means?

I am looking at the medical records and the CBC shows high white blood cells, low red blood cells, low hemo globin, low hemocrit, low platelets, respitory "dyspnea". I have no idea what the next things mean : Lymph % auto is critical, Mono% Auto is critical, and Lymph Abs is low. Can anyone explain this? I have not a clue on the last couple things. Glucose is high, Calcium and Potassium are critical, high glucose, low carbon dioxide, low albumin. CBC abnormal with pancytopenia and d dimer is elevated at 4132. So paramedics would not even have access to this info anyway since most of it is from blood work but does anyone know what this all means?

Yes, but I'm hesitant to really get into this; if you want your medical records explained ask your GP or gynae

...Dwayne the not being able to breathe was definitely not psychological. I know that for a fact. I asked about that later and the doctor told me when your heart is beating so fast as mine was at 225 it makes your heart inefficient at pumping blood...

That's why I asked the question above about rate retarded stroke volume. 225 seems pretty slow to me for the conditions that you describe. I have a gym rat buddy that has a rate of 200 when he pushes his cardio during his workouts.

You sound like you're getting pretty defensive. You need to stop assuming that you understand medical conditions that you don't. I never even implied that your entire issue was psychologically related. You sound as if you've come to believe that you know exactly what a panic/anxiety attack is, as if it's something that happens only to weak girls. You're very much mistaken. Some of the strongest people that I know have had them, myself included, when put into weakened conditions from stress or illness. You should try not to deny it, with an exclamation point, simply because you don't like the way that it sounds.

I was under the impression that you wanted to discuss this issue but it now sounds as though what you're really looking for is validation of what you already believe happened. Either way is fine. But you're going to find that participation in supporting your likely misunderstandings is going to be pretty limited I'm afraid.

Dwayne

Dwayne I am not getting defensive. So is it just a coincidence that I had a "panic attack" at the time when I fell ill with sepsis and PP pre eclampsia? And I never had a panic attack before in my life, never had one after. Thats the only time in my life I could not breathe... when I had the 225 heart rate and 104.5 temp.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.