wages

No, pretty much every country but the U.S.is exempt from taxes when remote, at least in the war theater. Not sure about other remote gigs. I think that they just took it from the Aussies to, though I'm not sure.

Even US citizens who immigrate or gain dual nationality are still required to file taxes in the US every year.

Edited by scott33

Yeah, sucks big time what EMS workers get paid. I have 2 jobs as an EMT now and both pay 11.00 and 11.50 and hour. Working at target gets you more... Does not make sense what so ever. But then again, The down time of EMS sometimes is great. 12 hour shift 1 call still getting paid.

Denny you are right. Unfortunately, I don't think the pay is ever going to change.

But until the well dries up and there are no more medics or emts who will work for peanuts and no more medics and emt's who will work for free (volunteers) then the wages will still be in the shitter.

once the communities and services realize that to provide a service you have to pay a livable wage wake up and realize that then they will continue to pay a non-livable wage.

The fault is everyone's.

It's the Onwer of the services because they pay what the market will bear

It's the communities because they pay what the market will bear

It's the workers because you accept what the community and owners of said services pay

This is the one thing that the unions do well. they get a living wage for their members.

So until many things change, you can count on low wages and poor conditions.

It's not anyone's fault, it's everyones fault.

Hhhmmmm seems like alberta canada is the place to be lol

I will admit our pay is condusive with raising a family, however, when you consider Tim Hortons workers make $18-$25/hr it is not HUGE money. Not that getting jellie into those little Timbits is not a challenge ;)

Don't forget you are pretty hard pressed to rent a decent place for less than $1000/month here, and vehicle insurance will run a young guy a couple hundred a month. Jug of milk will be $6, and a box of good cereal can be close to $10.

It is all relative

Most emts in this area getting 11.00Hr. The company I work for was giving me 12.

Denny you are right. Unfortunately, I don't think the pay is ever going to change.

But until the well dries up and there are no more medics or emts who will work for peanuts and no more medics and emt's who will work for free (volunteers) then the wages will still be in the shitter.

once the communities and services realize that to provide a service you have to pay a livable wage wake up and realize that then they will continue to pay a non-livable wage.

The fault is everyone's.

It's the Onwer of the services because they pay what the market will bear

It's the communities because they pay what the market will bear

It's the workers because you accept what the community and owners of said services pay

This is the one thing that the unions do well. they get a living wage for their members.

So until many things change, you can count on low wages and poor conditions.

It's not anyone's fault, it's everyones fault.

Amen. Ive never been a big fan of unions. But in this case I think they will be the ticket to better the wages.

In NJ the co I work for starts at 13 an hour for EMT drivers. They hired me right out of EMT school and I only work three 12 hour shifts a week so I can go to school full time (not too bad). They have locations all throughout the state with equal starting wages. And if my partner calls out I can work as a MAVT at my EMT rate so I do not loose any hours. If anyone in the area is looking, check them out not a bad place, it's Gem Ambulance. I am sure it is easy to google.

I make average 16k a year, give or take a few hundreds, that is, after taxes and with top-ups for unsocial hours.

Sum stands for itself. :unsure:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.