Pay For Training And Re-Certification

You guys get paid?

what DFib? you do this sh*t for nothing???

Continuing education is part of a paid process if you are a paid member where you get your classes, regular updates and certification paid for and your shift covered and still paid if you have to do the course during your road shift allocated time. Here in Nursing, we get courses paid for if applicable to our area, such as ACLS,PALS etc and have the opportunity to apply for funding for other courses if they are benefit to our jobs. I haven't had to pay for a course yet as an RN nor when I was doing EMS. If you have to travel out of town to do courses, your accommodation is often covered if it is an arranged course through the service.

Since 2009 each Ambulance Officer regardless of practice level must do 40 hours of CCE

CCE is either, as Scotty says, allocated as part of your roster for paid staff or on weekly training nights for volunteers

It is a blend of online, DVD and face-to-face learning.

Ambulance does not participate in nor do they require the merit badge cookie cutter classes which I personally think are largely a waste of time TBH

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.